Vista Home Premium 64 installation error

Alec Morris

Vista Home Premium 64 installation error
After building my new computer, I have spent an entire day trying to install
Vista Home 64bit.

It appears to install fine, but when it restarts, it boots windows, and then
restarts again repeatedly. I have tried re-installing it, and using startup
repair as suggested by the software, but this does not work. (This is from a
clean install, not an upgrade). The diagnostic states simply that the route
cause is 'Failure while setup is in progress'

The closest I found was that Kernel32.dll was missing on one of the
attempts, but other than that, I do not know what is going wrong, or what to
do about it.

Can anybody help, or have I just got a bad install disk?
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Home Premium 64 installation error
Hi Alec,

First, if you have a 32-bit disk, try using it for install. This will let
you know if it is a problem with a device driver in 64-bit mode. Also, you
can try installing XP or a 'nix image. If they all fail, then it's likely
either damaged hardware or a misconfiguration.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Alec Morris" <Alec Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After building my new computer, I have spent an entire day trying to
> install
> Vista Home 64bit.
>
> It appears to install fine, but when it restarts, it boots windows, and
> then
> restarts again repeatedly. I have tried re-installing it, and using
> startup
> repair as suggested by the software, but this does not work. (This is from
> clean install, not an upgrade). The diagnostic states simply that the
> route
> cause is 'Failure while setup is in progress'
>
> The closest I found was that Kernel32.dll was missing on one of the
> attempts, but other than that, I do not know what is going wrong, or what
> do about it.
>
> Can anybody help, or have I just got a bad install disk?

Alec Morris

Re: Vista Home Premium 64 installation error
Hi,

After dismantling my conputer and reassembling it how it was, it decided to
work this morning. I now have a new problem though. Every time i try to
install drivers, or change my background, I get a bluescreen error and it
restarts.

Any ideas where the problem lies?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Alec,
>
> First, if you have a 32-bit disk, try using it for install. This will let
> you know if it is a problem with a device driver in 64-bit mode. Also, you
> can try installing XP or a 'nix image. If they all fail, then it's likely
> either damaged hardware or a misconfiguration.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Alec Morris" <Alec Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After building my new computer, I have spent an entire day trying to
> > install
> > Vista Home 64bit.
> >
> > It appears to install fine, but when it restarts, it boots windows, and
> > then
> > restarts again repeatedly. I have tried re-installing it, and using
> > startup
> > repair as suggested by the software, but this does not work. (This is from
> > clean install, not an upgrade). The diagnostic states simply that the
> > route
> > cause is 'Failure while setup is in progress'
> >
> > The closest I found was that Kernel32.dll was missing on one of the
> > attempts, but other than that, I do not know what is going wrong, or what
> > do about it.
> >
> > Can anybody help, or have I just got a bad install disk?

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Home Premium 64 installation error
Hi Alec,

What is the text of the stop error?

--

> Hi,
>
> After dismantling my conputer and reassembling it how it was, it decided
> work this morning. I now have a new problem though. Every time i try to
> install drivers, or change my background, I get a bluescreen error and it
> restarts.
>
> Any ideas where the problem lies?
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Alec,
>>
>> First, if you have a 32-bit disk, try using it for install. This will let
>> you know if it is a problem with a device driver in 64-bit mode. Also,
>> you
>> can try installing XP or a 'nix image. If they all fail, then it's likely
>> either damaged hardware or a misconfiguration.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Alec Morris" <Alec Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After building my new computer, I have spent an entire day trying to
>> > install
>> > Vista Home 64bit.
>> >
>> > It appears to install fine, but when it restarts, it boots windows, and
>> > then
>> > restarts again repeatedly. I have tried re-installing it, and using
>> > startup
>> > repair as suggested by the software, but this does not work. (This is
>> > from
>> > clean install, not an upgrade). The diagnostic states simply that the
>> > route
>> > cause is 'Failure while setup is in progress'
>> >
>> > The closest I found was that Kernel32.dll was missing on one of the
>> > attempts, but other than that, I do not know what is going wrong, or
>> > what
>> > do about it.
>> >
>> > Can anybody help, or have I just got a bad install disk?

Alec Morris

Re: Vista Home Premium 64 installation error
Hi,
It keeps changing, but the ones that are most frequent are
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and ntfs.exe

I've installed an update because im using 4Gb RAM, but i after rooting
around, i think that my graphics card may be incompatible: Asus EN-8800GT
512Mb.

Im going to replace it, but just in case, this is what my system has:
American Megatrends BIOS 0302 (25/07/2007)
2 x 2Gb OCZ DDR2 Ram
2 x LG DVD RW (Sata)
2 x Hitachi 500Gb HDD (Sata)
1 x 250Gb Hdd (ATA)
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 (2.4GHz)
Vista Home Premium 64

I would flash the BIOS, but i dont have an internet connection for my
computer yet (im currently using wifi from elsewhere)

Thanks for the help
"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Alec,
>
> What is the text of the stop error?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Alec Morris" <AlecMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > After dismantling my conputer and reassembling it how it was, it decided
> > work this morning. I now have a new problem though. Every time i try to
> > install drivers, or change my background, I get a bluescreen error and it
> > restarts.
> >
> > Any ideas where the problem lies?
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Alec,
> >>
> >> First, if you have a 32-bit disk, try using it for install. This will let
> >> you know if it is a problem with a device driver in 64-bit mode. Also,
> >> you
> >> can try installing XP or a 'nix image. If they all fail, then it's likely
> >> either damaged hardware or a misconfiguration.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Home Premium 64 installation error
Hi,

Well, it's definitely a driver error, but more information would be needed
to determine if it's actually the video card. Is a dump (mini*.dmp) file
being created that we can analyze?

--

> Hi,
> It keeps changing, but the ones that are most frequent are
> IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and ntfs.exe
>
> I've installed an update because im using 4Gb RAM, but i after rooting
> around, i think that my graphics card may be incompatible: Asus EN-8800GT
> 512Mb.
>
> Im going to replace it, but just in case, this is what my system has:
> American Megatrends BIOS 0302 (25/07/2007)
> 2 x 2Gb OCZ DDR2 Ram
> 2 x LG DVD RW (Sata)
> 2 x Hitachi 500Gb HDD (Sata)
> 1 x 250Gb Hdd (ATA)
> Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 (2.4GHz)
> Vista Home Premium 64
>
> I would flash the BIOS, but i dont have an internet connection for my
> computer yet (im currently using wifi from elsewhere)
>
> Thanks for the help
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Alec,
>>
>> What is the text of the stop error?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Alec Morris" <AlecMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > After dismantling my conputer and reassembling it how it was, it
>> > decided
>> > work this morning. I now have a new problem though. Every time i try to
>> > install drivers, or change my background, I get a bluescreen error and
>> > it
>> > restarts.
>> >
>> > Any ideas where the problem lies?

Alec Morris

Re: Vista Home Premium 64 installation error
Once i can find them I'll email them to you. Cheers.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well, it's definitely a driver error, but more information would be needed
> to determine if it's actually the video card. Is a dump (mini*.dmp) file
> being created that we can analyze?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Alec Morris" <AlecMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > It keeps changing, but the ones that are most frequent are
> > IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and ntfs.exe
> >
> > I've installed an update because im using 4Gb RAM, but i after rooting
> > around, i think that my graphics card may be incompatible: Asus EN-8800GT
> > 512Mb.
> >
> > Im going to replace it, but just in case, this is what my system has:
> > American Megatrends BIOS 0302 (25/07/2007)
> > 2 x 2Gb OCZ DDR2 Ram
> > 2 x LG DVD RW (Sata)
> > 2 x Hitachi 500Gb HDD (Sata)
> > 1 x 250Gb Hdd (ATA)
> > Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 (2.4GHz)
> > Vista Home Premium 64
> >
> > I would flash the BIOS, but i dont have an internet connection for my
> > computer yet (im currently using wifi from elsewhere)
> >
> > Thanks for the help
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Alec,
> >>
> >> What is the text of the stop error?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Home Premium 64 installation error
They'd be under C:\Windows\minidump as hidden system files. You may need to
alter folder options/view in order to see them.

--

> Once i can find them I'll email them to you. Cheers.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Well, it's definitely a driver error, but more information would be
>> needed
>> to determine if it's actually the video card. Is a dump (mini*.dmp) file
>> being created that we can analyze?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Alec Morris" <AlecMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > It keeps changing, but the ones that are most frequent are
>> > IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and ntfs.exe
>> >
>> > I've installed an update because im using 4Gb RAM, but i after rooting
>> > around, i think that my graphics card may be incompatible: Asus
>> > EN-8800GT
>> > 512Mb.
>> >
>> > Im going to replace it, but just in case, this is what my system has:
>> > American Megatrends BIOS 0302 (25/07/2007)
>> > 2 x 2Gb OCZ DDR2 Ram
>> > 2 x LG DVD RW (Sata)
>> > 2 x Hitachi 500Gb HDD (Sata)
>> > 1 x 250Gb Hdd (ATA)
>> > Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 (2.4GHz)
>> > Vista Home Premium 64
>> >
>> > I would flash the BIOS, but i dont have an internet connection for my
>> > computer yet (im currently using wifi from elsewhere)
>> >
>> > Thanks for the help

clarkeboy

Re: Vista Home Premium 64 installation error

Hi Alec and Rick,

I too am having problems with installing Vista x64. When i boot up, i
get the Micrsoft bar running across the screen, but it restarts before
it reached the Vista Logo. This can happen just once, or several times
in succession. there seems to be no direct pattern

I have been reading through what you have put, i am running the
following,

Vista Home Premium x64.
Asus P5KC Motherboard with integrated sound.
Asus EN-8800GT 512 mb graphics card.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. (2.4GHz)
2 x 1Gb OCZ DDR3 Ram.
1 x LG DVD RW. (Sata)
1 x Western Digital 400Gb HDD. (Sata)
American Megatrends BIOS 0804. (10/30/2007)

As you can see, i have joined this conversation as i have a very
similar build and problem.

I have also tried installing Vista twice with no luck, i have also
tried a repair with the DVD.

I am about to go and have a look to see if i can find the dump file,
but if you have any further developments, please let me know.

Cheers for the info so far, atleast i know i am not the only person
with this probelm.

Ross.

--
clarkeboy
Charlie C

Re: Vista Home Premium 64 installation error

i have the exact same problem but i have 2 versions of vista home
premium. 32 upgrade edition and 64 oem that i got from ncix.com.
for some stupid reason i decided to install the upgrade 32 version over
top my 64 oem that was installed on my pc then i decided 32 bit sucked
because i wouldn't show all 4gbs of my ocz gold(800mhz)ram it would only
show 2.75 gb so f*** that. and ever since i'ts been impossible to
install vista 64 bit even with clean install i got up to the part where
it says preparing to start your pc for the first time and then i walked
off for a bit to get high and came back to a blue screen of death saying
something about IRql_NOt_LESS_OR_EQUAL so i tried to repair it but it
came up with the message failure while seup is in progress.
oh yea i also have the same processor as you and a similar video card i
have the q6600 and a geforce 8800gts 640 and my motherboard is the
nforce 680i.
the is the most anoying problem i've ever had with any computer. oh
yeah when i installed vista 32 upgrade over top of my 64 bit oem that
was installed i had this thing pop up before it did it and it said
something about staged and non-staged build and then i said yes and it
installed. F*()*

--
Charlie C