Moving an app from Windows XP to Windows Vista

Hem Desai

Moving an app from Windows XP to Windows Vista
I am trying to move an critical application from my old Windows XP system to
my new Windows Vista system. In XP, I used to use an application called PC
Relocator by ALOHABOB. Since I am not able to locate the original media for
PC Relocator, I am trying to find another solution so that I can move my
critical application from XP to Vista.

Is there anything available to perform this task? Is BDD an option?

Thanks.
Bruce Chambers

Re: Moving an app from Windows XP to Windows Vista
Hem Desai wrote:
> I am trying to move an critical application from my old Windows XP system to
> my new Windows Vista system. In XP, I used to use an application called PC
> Relocator by ALOHABOB. Since I am not able to locate the original media for
> PC Relocator, I am trying to find another solution so that I can move my
> critical application from XP to Vista.
>
> Is there anything available to perform this task? Is BDD an option?
>
> Thanks.

The simplest and best way would be to simply use that critical
application's original installation media to install the program onto
Vista. That's the only way to be assured of a stable installation,
provided, of course, that said application is fully Vista-compatible to
start with.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Gary Mount

Re: Moving an app from Windows XP to Windows Vista
Microsoft has an application called
"Windows Easy Transfer Companion (Beta) "
From Microsoft website...
"Brief Description
Windows Easy Transfer Companion enables you to automatically transfer your
most important programs from your Windows XP-based PC to your new Windows
Vista-based PC.
"

You can search Microsofts web site or try the following link
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...en&clcid=0x409

Windows XP has to have SP2 and the local language has to be set to US
English.
Also vista has to be set to US English as well.
You are supposed to be able to do this across your local network, or via an
Easy Transfer Cable.