Upgrade from premium to Ultimate

Oditius

Upgrade from premium to Ultimate
I was wondering if I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate will
it just add the missing features, or do a complete reinstall? When I went
from XP to Vista I had to redo everything from scratch. Vista runs great on
my XPS M1730 but would like to add the features missing.
Noel

RE: Upgrade from premium to Ultimate
It adds the features I upgraded once from home premium to Ultimate. Took
about an hour. Just wanted to see how long it took. I have both version as
Full Retail versions. Takes alot less time to do a clean install than to
upgrade.
--
Quad Core

"Oditius" wrote:

> I was wondering if I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate will
> it just add the missing features, or do a complete reinstall? When I went
> from XP to Vista I had to redo everything from scratch. Vista runs great on
> my XPS M1730 but would like to add the features missing.

Oditius

RE: Upgrade from premium to Ultimate
Thanks for your answer, doing a clean install would be a pain and something
to be avoided. Since my M1730 came with XP installed, I added a second faster
HD to the system and now have a dual-boot system running,. But chasing down
all the drivers was a pain, and of course I didn't save then, I also had a
pain explaing why I was reinstalling software over and over again.

"Noel" wrote:

> It adds the features I upgraded once from home premium to Ultimate. Took
> about an hour. Just wanted to see how long it took. I have both version as
> Full Retail versions. Takes alot less time to do a clean install than to
> upgrade.
> --
> Quad Core
>

> "Oditius" wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate will
> > it just add the missing features, or do a complete reinstall? When I went
> > from XP to Vista I had to redo everything from scratch. Vista runs great on
> > my XPS M1730 but would like to add the features missing.

Crispy500

Re: Upgrade from premium to Ultimate
Is there any performance difference in the final outcome be either installing clean, or upgrading?

Cheers

"Noel" <Noel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6FD0391-DA72-479F-BCDC-1442EA86DC81@microsoft.com...
> It adds the features I upgraded once from home premium to Ultimate. Took
> about an hour. Just wanted to see how long it took. I have both version as
> Full Retail versions. Takes alot less time to do a clean install than to
> upgrade.
> --
> Quad Core
>

> "Oditius" wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate will
>> it just add the missing features, or do a complete reinstall? When I went
>> from XP to Vista I had to redo everything from scratch. Vista runs great on
>> my XPS M1730 but would like to add the features missing.

Oditius

Re: Upgrade from premium to Ultimate
Well, if you do a clean install it will be faster. Because you haven't
installed anything yet and therefore cleaner. But the longer you have it, the
slower it will get. I really haven't noticed much difference between Premium
and Ultamite.