How to create a recovery disk

brummyfan2

How to create a recovery disk
Hi
I am trying to create a Recovery Disk in my Acer laptop, I went through
their User Manual and there was not enough information to the procedure.
Could some one point me in the right direction so that I can do this.
My hard disk has a hidden partition of 7.8GB with EISA Configuration but in
the Disk Management it says it is 100% Free. The other partition is C: which
is my system partition. I hope I have given enough information if not please
let me know.
I have also requested the Acer but I believe they will only direct me to
their eRecovery Management Tool. Thank you.
John Hanley

Re: How to create a recovery disk
On my Vista machine (from HP), when I type "Recovery" in the Start menu, I
see a program called "Recovery Disc Creation". That is the starting point I
used to make my Recovery Disc. Do you see anything if you type "Recovery in
the Start menu?

"John Hanley" wrote:

> On my Vista machine (from HP), when I type "Recovery" in the Start menu, I
> see a program called "Recovery Disc Creation". That is the starting point I
> used to make my Recovery Disc. Do you see anything if you type "Recovery in
> the Start menu?
>
> "brummyfan2" <brummyfan2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I am trying to create a Recovery Disk in my Acer laptop, I went through
> > their User Manual and there was not enough information to the procedure.
> > Could some one point me in the right direction so that I can do this.
> > My hard disk has a hidden partition of 7.8GB with EISA Configuration but
> > in
> > the Disk Management it says it is 100% Free. The other partition is C:
> > which
> > is my system partition. I hope I have given enough information if not
> > please
> > let me know.
> > I have also requested the Acer but I believe they will only direct me to
> > their eRecovery Management Tool. Thank you.

> Thank you John

No I couldn't see anything about recovery disk when I type "Recovery".
PaulB

Re: How to create a recovery disk
Have a look at this.
You need to go to START/All Programs/Empowering Technology/Acer eRecovery
Management

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/dat...Management.pdf
--
Paul

"brummyfan2" wrote:

> "John Hanley" wrote:
>
> > On my Vista machine (from HP), when I type "Recovery" in the Start menu, I
> > see a program called "Recovery Disc Creation". That is the starting point I
> > used to make my Recovery Disc. Do you see anything if you type "Recovery in
> > the Start menu?
> >
> > "brummyfan2" <brummyfan2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > > I am trying to create a Recovery Disk in my Acer laptop, I went through
> > > their User Manual and there was not enough information to the procedure.
> > > Could some one point me in the right direction so that I can do this.
> > > My hard disk has a hidden partition of 7.8GB with EISA Configuration but
> > > in
> > > the Disk Management it says it is 100% Free. The other partition is C:
> > > which
> > > is my system partition. I hope I have given enough information if not
> > > please
> > > let me know.
> > > I have also requested the Acer but I believe they will only direct me to
> > > their eRecovery Management Tool. Thank you.

> > Thank you John

> No I couldn't see anything about recovery disk when I type "Recovery".

brummyfan

Re: How to create a recovery disk

Hi PaulB
Thank you for the information and I will look into it, but I am not
sure my Acer Aspire laptop model 5612 has all this facility and when I
looked in the User Manual Guide I couldn't see any of these pages in it.
They have only two options of backing up files and settings but the
third option of backing up the factory settings missing. I suppose they
want me to use "system restore" facility to recover if anything goes
wrong. However I have requested some help from Acer and I hope they will
come back to me and if I find out the solution I'll certainly report
back. Thanks again for your time and effort.

--
brummyfan
brummyfan

Re: How to create a recovery disk

Hi PaulB
I went through the link you provided me and I couldn't find anything to
match my system,then I went to the Acer Download centre and I found the
information you have given(Version1.x of eRecovery) and the information
matching my system(Version2.x of eRecovery). Thanks a lot for helping me
out ,without your direction I wouldn't have gone this far.

--
brummyfan