Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?

Andrea M. Gates

Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
Which video adpater, single card, support dual display in Vista? Prefer low
cost cards.

For office use in 4 buildings, around 200 systems.
Not for game. No need for fancy graphics.

~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:.

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
Any nVidia or ATi card that has dual ports should work. As long as there
are drivers out there for Vista for that card it will work. I run a nVidia
6800 with Dual Monitors setup easily.

--
~Alex T~
..:~A.K.A. Makaveli213~:.

"~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:." <makaveli213@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Any nVidia or ATi card that has dual ports should work. As long as there
> are drivers out there for Vista for that card it will work. I run a
> nVidia 6800 with Dual Monitors setup easily.
>
> --
> ~Alex T~
> .:~A.K.A. Makaveli213~:.
> .:MVP Windows Shell/User:.

We have Nvidia GeForce FX5500 in most of these systems already.
But when we add another ATI Radeon X1050 adapter, Vista do not allow dual
monitor display.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...imonVista.mspx

Please specifically tell me which adpater has dual ports for dual display
that work with Vista?

Mick Murphy

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
Re-read Alex's post!
He answered your question!

Doing your research for you is not part of this newsgroup's work.
We ar all users like you; and try and help each other.

You have to go to ATI or Nvidia site and find what you want.

"Andrea M. Gates" wrote:

> "~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:." <makaveli213@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Any nVidia or ATi card that has dual ports should work. As long as there
> > are drivers out there for Vista for that card it will work. I run a
> > nVidia 6800 with Dual Monitors setup easily.
> >
> > --
> > ~Alex T~
> > .:~A.K.A. Makaveli213~:.
> > .:MVP Windows Shell/User:.
> >

> We have Nvidia GeForce FX5500 in most of these systems already.
> But when we add another ATI Radeon X1050 adapter, Vista do not allow dual
> monitor display.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...imonVista.mspx
>
> Please specifically tell me which adpater has dual ports for dual display
> that work with Vista?

DL

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
There are dozens to choose from

> "~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:." <makaveli213@gmail.com> wrote in
> message
>> Any nVidia or ATi card that has dual ports should work. As long as there
>> are drivers out there for Vista for that card it will work. I run a
>> nVidia 6800 with Dual Monitors setup easily.
>>
>> --
>> ~Alex T~
>> .:~A.K.A. Makaveli213~:.
>> .:MVP Windows Shell/User:.
>>

> We have Nvidia GeForce FX5500 in most of these systems already.
> But when we add another ATI Radeon X1050 adapter, Vista do not allow dual
> monitor display.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...imonVista.mspx
>
> Please specifically tell me which adpater has dual ports for dual display
> that work with Vista?

p.jayant

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE which has the feature for connecting a
second display but I have not used it.

P. Jayant

mikeyhsd

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
ATI 2600 series will support dual monitors in one card.
get the one one need for analog or digital output.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"Andrea M. Gates" <Andrea.Gates.no.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23hPsfiiXIHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
Which video adpater, single card, support dual display in Vista? Prefer low
cost cards.

For office use in 4 buildings, around 200 systems.
Not for game. No need for fancy graphics.

Dwarf

RE: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
Hi Andrea,

I cannot vouch for ATI, but the Nvidia range from the GeForce FX series
onwards supports Vista with dual monitor support on cards from the GeForce 6
range upwards. You can install more than one video card in your PC if your
motherboard supports this, but best results will come if you use identical
boards from the same manufacturer. Problems can arise when using different
cards, more so when one of the cards is based on the Nvidia GPU and the other
on the ATI GPU. This is because the different graphics drivers can conflict
with each other. In short, you should be able to use cards from both
manufacturers so long as you don't mix and match them.
Dwarf

"Andrea M. Gates" wrote:

> Which video adpater, single card, support dual display in Vista? Prefer low
> cost cards.
>
> For office use in 4 buildings, around 200 systems.
> Not for game. No need for fancy graphics.

Dave

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
I'm using a nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX with Vista Home Premium 32 bit
Wasn't cheap, tho.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Andrea M. Gates" <Andrea.Gates.no.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:." <makaveli213@gmail.com> wrote in
> message
>> Any nVidia or ATi card that has dual ports should work. As long as there
>> are drivers out there for Vista for that card it will work. I run a
>> nVidia 6800 with Dual Monitors setup easily.
>>
>> --
>> ~Alex T~
>> .:~A.K.A. Makaveli213~:.
>> .:MVP Windows Shell/User:.
>>

> We have Nvidia GeForce FX5500 in most of these systems already.
> But when we add another ATI Radeon X1050 adapter, Vista do not allow dual
> monitor display.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...imonVista.mspx
>
> Please specifically tell me which adpater has dual ports for dual display
> that work with Vista?

Andrea M. Gates

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
Mick, Yes, I went to ATI and Nvidia web site. I have done my research.
This 2 are only IC makers. They do not make display adapaters.
This 2 web sites do NOT show any dual port display adapters from any
suppliers.