music notes during vista installation

crazy_guy

music notes during vista installation

howdy everyone,

im having some issues with installing vista basic on my xps 600 gen 5.
ive tried several times and the same thing happens every time and i cant
figure it out. i start the installation which starts perfectly, i wipe
my harddrive and clicked next to begin installation. it goes through all
the steps and then reboots and gets to the "completing installation"
step, it hangs there for a few seconds (no percentage ever comes up,
just the dots saying something is happening) and then my screen goes
black and a small white box appears near the top right of my monitor
screen and inside the white box there are about 5 or 6 black music
notes. after that is shown for a second the screen goes black again and
then my monitor goes to power save and wont come back from it. after i
reboot it is clear that most of vista has been installed but it has not
completed and will not get me anywhere near the desktop.

i cant think of any reason that it wont work. any help would be much
appreciated. thank you in advance.

--
crazy_guy
Jack

Re: music notes during vista installation
video card pretends to be a sound card?

"crazy_guy" <crazy_guy.33nlw5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> howdy everyone,
>
> im having some issues with installing vista basic on my xps 600 gen 5.
> ive tried several times and the same thing happens every time and i cant
> figure it out. i start the installation which starts perfectly, i wipe
> my harddrive and clicked next to begin installation. it goes through all
> the steps and then reboots and gets to the "completing installation"
> step, it hangs there for a few seconds (no percentage ever comes up,
> just the dots saying something is happening) and then my screen goes
> black and a small white box appears near the top right of my monitor
> screen and inside the white box there are about 5 or 6 black music
> notes. after that is shown for a second the screen goes black again and
> then my monitor goes to power save and wont come back from it. after i
> reboot it is clear that most of vista has been installed but it has not
> completed and will not get me anywhere near the desktop.
>
> i cant think of any reason that it wont work. any help would be much
> appreciated. thank you in advance.
>

> --
> crazy_guy

crazy_guy

Re: music notes during vista installation

thanks jack,

that might be the case. how do i check if thats the problem and if it
is how would i go about fixing it?

--
crazy_guy