My Enterprise License Code for 35 computers will only work on 6.

Heide

My Enterprise License Code for 35 computers will only work on 6.
I've activated my Windows Vista product key (which was purchased not too long
ago) on 6 of my 35 machines. I got to machine number 7 and it tells me "Your
product key is not valid"

Now, I have typed, re-typed, and re-typed this code on to 2 different
machines and they both will not take it. However, the previous 6 would and
activated just fine.

We're running vista business, on Dell Optiplex 740's.

This should not be an issue. Now microsoft wants to charge me $60.00 for
tech support for a problem I shouldn't be having.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to work-arounds for this issue?

All help will be GREATLY appreciated.
mikeyhsd

Re: My Enterprise License Code for 35 computers will only work on 6.
might contact the MS rep that sold you the license for 35 computers.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"Heide" <Heide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C851D09-D72D-4508-BC44-42276BC09826@microsoft.com...
I've activated my Windows Vista product key (which was purchased not too long
ago) on 6 of my 35 machines. I got to machine number 7 and it tells me "Your
product key is not valid"

Now, I have typed, re-typed, and re-typed this code on to 2 different
machines and they both will not take it. However, the previous 6 would and
activated just fine.

We're running vista business, on Dell Optiplex 740's.

This should not be an issue. Now microsoft wants to charge me $60.00 for
tech support for a problem I shouldn't be having.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to work-arounds for this issue?

All help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Heide

Re: My Enterprise License Code for 35 computers will only work on
Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it turns out. In the meantime,
if anyone has any other suggestions I am very happy to hear them.

Thanks!

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> might contact the MS rep that sold you the license for 35 computers.
>

> mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com
>

> "Heide" <Heide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C851D09-D72D-4508-BC44-42276BC09826@microsoft.com...
> I've activated my Windows Vista product key (which was purchased not too long
> ago) on 6 of my 35 machines. I got to machine number 7 and it tells me "Your
> product key is not valid"
>
> Now, I have typed, re-typed, and re-typed this code on to 2 different
> machines and they both will not take it. However, the previous 6 would and
> activated just fine.
>
> We're running vista business, on Dell Optiplex 740's.
>
> This should not be an issue. Now microsoft wants to charge me $60.00 for
> tech support for a problem I shouldn't be having.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to work-arounds for this issue?
>
> All help will be GREATLY appreciated

AJR

Re: My Enterprise License Code for 35 computers will only work on 6.
You may be misusing the term "Enterprise" - Enterprise volume licensing is
available for companies (Enterprises) with 250 or more PCs.

Vista volume licenses are generally activated via MAKs (Multiplte Activation
Keys) or VLK (Activation servers) requiring 25 or more PCs.

Available is "Open Value" involving three options - one which limits number
of PCs to five.

Generally license structures are handled by indirect providers not
Microsoft. Definetly as mikeyhsd suggests - contact the seller.

"Heide" <Heide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've activated my Windows Vista product key (which was purchased not too
> long
> ago) on 6 of my 35 machines. I got to machine number 7 and it tells me
> "Your
> product key is not valid"
>
> Now, I have typed, re-typed, and re-typed this code on to 2 different
> machines and they both will not take it. However, the previous 6 would
> and
> activated just fine.
>
> We're running vista business, on Dell Optiplex 740's.
>
> This should not be an issue. Now microsoft wants to charge me $60.00 for
> tech support for a problem I shouldn't be having.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to work-arounds for this issue?
>
> All help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Jack

Re: My Enterprise License Code for 35 computers will only work on 6.
Go Linux

"Heide" <Heide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've activated my Windows Vista product key (which was purchased not too
> long
> ago) on 6 of my 35 machines. I got to machine number 7 and it tells me
> "Your
> product key is not valid"
>
> Now, I have typed, re-typed, and re-typed this code on to 2 different
> machines and they both will not take it. However, the previous 6 would
> and
> activated just fine.
>
> We're running vista business, on Dell Optiplex 740's.
>
> This should not be an issue. Now microsoft wants to charge me $60.00 for
> tech support for a problem I shouldn't be having.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to work-arounds for this issue?
>
> All help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Re: My Enterprise License Code for 35 computers will only work on
Hello,
What type of Volume Product key did you get?
There are two types of Volume key.
One which allows you to setup a KMS host server, which then allows your
other machines to activate. This is a KMS key and is allowed 6 activations
which is what it sounds like you have.
Open and elevated CMD prompt.
Run slmgr -dli
What is on these two lines:
Name:
Example
Name: Windows(TM) Vista, Enterprise edition

The second type of Volume Key is a MAK which allows multiple activations
that differ per Volume License agreement which it sounds like the type you
were expecting to get.
The two lines of output from above from an activated machine, should tell
us which type of key you have.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]