System Language

Alex Hughes

System Language
Can anyone confirm whether the system language (Vista Home Premium) is
dependent on the options you select when you switch on the computer for the
first time and it goes through the installation/set up?

If this is the case, is there anyway to get back to this stage and
"re-setup" the computer with a different kanguage?

If not, can you advise the most cost effective method to change the system
language... is it to but an upgrade kit for the same version (i.e. Home
Premium) in the desired language (i.e. English) and install it over the
current Italian version, or is it essential to buy the upgrade to
Ultimate...??

--
Alex H
Mick Murphy

RE: System Language
Cheapest way is to get an Ultimate Upgrade.

You can not change home Premium's language your way; as there is NO language
"upgrade" home Premium

"Alex Hughes" wrote:

> Can anyone confirm whether the system language (Vista Home Premium) is
> dependent on the options you select when you switch on the computer for the
> first time and it goes through the installation/set up?
>
> If this is the case, is there anyway to get back to this stage and
> "re-setup" the computer with a different kanguage?
>
> If not, can you advise the most cost effective method to change the system
> language... is it to but an upgrade kit for the same version (i.e. Home
> Premium) in the desired language (i.e. English) and install it over the
> current Italian version, or is it essential to buy the upgrade to
> Ultimate...??
>
> --
> Alex H

Alex Hughes

RE: System Language
Mick, thanks for your reply, but I have seen this for sale on Amazon.co.uk:

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (Upgrade) (PC) (2007) (Windows
Vista) Buy new: £98.48

....I assume that it would be the English language version of the software I
have on my PC, would installing this not work? (It's considerably cheaper
than Ultimate)

Alex

--
Alex H