Windows office in XP pro

jim48211

Windows office in XP pro
I've just purchased a new dell with Vista premium and would like to install
word, excel, ect. from my XP pro disk. Can anyone help me with this ?
Thanks Jim

Bruce Chambers

Re: Windows office in XP pro
jim48211 wrote:
> I've just purchased a new dell with Vista premium and would like to install
> word, excel, ect. from my XP pro disk. Can anyone help me with this ?
> Thanks Jim

Word, Excel, etc. won't be found on your WinXP Pro disk; they'll be on
an Office disk. Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any
of its individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access, Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows
operating system. They are, and always have been, separate
applications, that must be purchased and installed separately.

Microsoft Office comes pre-installed on new computers only when the
computer manufacturer chooses to offer it, and the purchaser is willing
to pay extra for it.

Simply insert your Microsoft Office installation CD and follow the
on-screen prompts and instructions to install the specific applications
and any additional/optional features that you want.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.