Change or add a user

DL

Change or add a user
Hi
I incorrectly set up the PC, in that I used the default Admin account to
install apps, printers, network, data & Favorites etc and failed to create a
User Account, even if that had admin priveledges
What is the best way forward? Create a user account and copy data,
Favorites?

brink

Re: Change or add a user

DL;581786 Wrote:
> Hi
> I incorrectly set up the PC, in that I used the default Admin account
> install apps, printers, network, data & Favorites etc and failed to
> create a
> User Account, even if that had admin priveledges
> What is the best way forward? Create a user account and copy data,
> Favorites?

Hi DL,

The default Administrator account is your user account. It is ok to
use this account. If you want to, you can create a more restricted
Standard user account to use for better security.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93...nt-create.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
DL

Re: Change or add a user
So the advice to keep a seperate Admin account, even if you create a user
account with admin rights has changed since win2k/xp?

"brink" <brink.33lnqz@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> DL;581786 Wrote:
>> Hi
>> I incorrectly set up the PC, in that I used the default Admin account
>> install apps, printers, network, data & Favorites etc and failed to
>> create a
>> User Account, even if that had admin priveledges
>> What is the best way forward? Create a user account and copy data,
>> Favorites?

> Hi DL,
>
> The default Administrator account is your user account. It is ok to
> use this account. If you want to, you can create a more restricted
> Standard user account to use for better security.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93...nt-create.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> '*Vista Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

brink

Re: Change or add a user

DL;582082 Wrote:
> So the advice to keep a seperate Admin account, even if you create a
> user
> account with admin rights has changed since win2k/xp?
>
> "brink" <brink.33lnqz@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> news:brink.33lnqz@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net...> > >
> > >
> > > DL;581786 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi DL,
> > >
> > > The default Administrator account is your user account. It is ok to
> > > use this account. If you want to, you can create a more restricted
> > > Standard user account to use for better security.
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93...nt-create.html
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.* > >

DL,

It has changed slightly to keep the default Administrator account, but
use a Standard account for better security. Using either one is fine.
It's just a matter of what you find easier or like to use.

Vista does have a built-in real Administrator account like the one in
XP, but it is hidden and not enabled by default. It is usually best to
not use this account since it gives full access to everything installed
on the computer. It is nice to use this account temporarily if you have
problems you cannot solve in the other accounts.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...r-account.html

Shawn