Easy transfer locks on a file name and won't finish on Vista compu

Ranchero

Easy transfer locks on a file name and won't finish on Vista compu
I am transfering files and settings from an XP2 computer to my new one. The
XP2 computer will complete the transfer and tell me to follow the directions
on the Vista computer, but the Vista computer gets stuck on a file name
during the transfer and won't give me finish instructions.

I tried a restart transfer the second time that I tried the Easy Transfer
program, but it did not start at the files already done. Instead, it started
completely over and is now stuck on the same file name as when I restarted it
(the XP2 unit is still actively transferring files). How can I get the file
name being transferred to start updating again on the target (Vista) system?
Mick Murphy

RE: Easy transfer locks on a file name and won't finish on Vista compu
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/928634/en-us

WET link