Vista SP1 problem

James Lipenta

Vista SP1 problem
I installed SP1 on Saturday, everything went OK and the update appeared to
resolve a few issues that I was having with Vista. After a restart on Sunday,
I got the BSOD and had to enter safe mode and uninstall SP1. This went OK, so
I tried to reinstall it, but I only got 2/3 of the way through and the
computer crashed again (again the BSOD). Now I can't get Vista to run. I can
enter safe mode, but can't uninstall the service pack since it never
installed this time. System restore doesn't work (for some reason all the
resore points before SP1 are wiped out, and the restore points created since
SP1 will not work). I can only run under safe mode so I can't use Windows
Update to reinstall SP1 or roll it back prior to the install. Does anybody
have any ideas.......I don't want to go through a complete reinstall on Vista
and lose everthing installed on my system to date?
--
Jim Lipenta
Malke

Re: Vista SP1 problem
James Lipenta wrote:
> I installed SP1 on Saturday, everything went OK and the update appeared to
> resolve a few issues that I was having with Vista. After a restart on Sunday,
> I got the BSOD and had to enter safe mode and uninstall SP1. This went OK, so
> I tried to reinstall it, but I only got 2/3 of the way through and the
> computer crashed again (again the BSOD). Now I can't get Vista to run. I can
> enter safe mode, but can't uninstall the service pack since it never
> installed this time. System restore doesn't work (for some reason all the
> resore points before SP1 are wiped out, and the restore points created since
> SP1 will not work). I can only run under safe mode so I can't use Windows
> Update to reinstall SP1 or roll it back prior to the install. Does anybody
> have any ideas.......I don't want to go through a complete reinstall on Vista
> and lose everthing installed on my system to date?

SP1 is not final yet. You should never install beta software onto a
machine that you are unwilling to wipe/clean-install. Here is a link
where you can get help for the beta (and yes, SP1 is still not finished):

Support via Technet (for betas) -
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...1992&SiteID=17

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Jack

Re: Vista SP1 problem
You do not have backup??????????????
and installed beta SP1??????????????????????????
Blame yourself.
Jack

"James Lipenta" <JamesLipenta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed SP1 on Saturday, everything went OK and the update appeared to
> resolve a few issues that I was having with Vista. After a restart on
> Sunday,
> I got the BSOD and had to enter safe mode and uninstall SP1. This went OK,
> so
> I tried to reinstall it, but I only got 2/3 of the way through and the
> computer crashed again (again the BSOD). Now I can't get Vista to run. I
> can
> enter safe mode, but can't uninstall the service pack since it never
> installed this time. System restore doesn't work (for some reason all the
> resore points before SP1 are wiped out, and the restore points created
> since
> SP1 will not work). I can only run under safe mode so I can't use Windows
> Update to reinstall SP1 or roll it back prior to the install. Does anybody
> have any ideas.......I don't want to go through a complete reinstall on
> Vista
> and lose everthing installed on my system to date?
> --
> Jim Lipenta

sublover

Re: Vista SP1 problem

you should have made your system Recovery Discs before you did anything
on your pc .

--
sublover