Finding Difficult to install softwares downloaded from internet?

suuny

Finding Difficult to install softwares downloaded from internet?
Hi,
I have downloaded jdk from sun and phome simulator from openwave and
have enough sufficient free space avilable as well but still cannot install
them the error message keeps poping as soon i click on the instalation file
saying that the directory is not correct neither i am getting any choice to
select the path for installing. Have tried it couple of times and i am
baffeld as it is something new file what i have never encountered. Even did
created the directory manually for installing but still did not work. Did
recieve any error code with the message otherwise could have looked online.
--
sunny
Mick Murphy

RE: Finding Difficult to install softwares downloaded from internet?
Have you tried right-clicking on the programs setup.exe>then "Run as admin"?

Also, have you checked at the programs website to see if they are Vista
compatible.

"suuny" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have downloaded jdk from sun and phome simulator from openwave and
> have enough sufficient free space avilable as well but still cannot install
> them the error message keeps poping as soon i click on the instalation file
> saying that the directory is not correct neither i am getting any choice to
> select the path for installing. Have tried it couple of times and i am
> baffeld as it is something new file what i have never encountered. Even did
> created the directory manually for installing but still did not work. Did
> recieve any error code with the message otherwise could have looked online.
> --
> sunny

suuny

RE: Finding Difficult to install softwares downloaded from interne
Yes i have tried running as admin as well. One of the errors code is
0x80004005. I have installed Acrobat Reader and had no such problem with it.
Have forwarded mail to sun and waiting for reply.
--
sunny