easy transfer

paul zeus

easy transfer
tried to use easy transfer from a vista ultimate 32 bit box to a vista
ultimate 64 bit box.

told by easy transfer 32 to 64 bit not supported.

tried from 64 to 32 bit got same

Is there a solution to this problem.
Vik

RE: easy transfer
Hello Paul,

32-bit to 64-bit is supported, however 64-bit to 32-bit isn't. Can you
descibe in detail the process who used to connect the two machines and steps
taken to migrate the data?

Thanks,
Vik

"paul zeus" wrote:

> tried to use easy transfer from a vista ultimate 32 bit box to a vista
> ultimate 64 bit box.
>
> told by easy transfer 32 to 64 bit not supported.
>
> tried from 64 to 32 bit got same
>
> Is there a solution to this problem.

paul zeus

RE: easy transfer
Hi Vik,

Thank you for your reply.
You are correct the 32 to 64 did work. I must of messed something up when I
first tried it.

Is there a way to get the 64 to 32 to work, after all we are only
transfering data.

Regards, Paul

"Vik" wrote:

> Hello Paul,
>
> 32-bit to 64-bit is supported, however 64-bit to 32-bit isn't. Can you
> descibe in detail the process who used to connect the two machines and steps
> taken to migrate the data?
>
> Thanks,
> Vik
>

> "paul zeus" wrote:
>
> > tried to use easy transfer from a vista ultimate 32 bit box to a vista
> > ultimate 64 bit box.
> >
> > told by easy transfer 32 to 64 bit not supported.
> >
> > tried from 64 to 32 bit got same
> >
> > Is there a solution to this problem.

Vik

RE: easy transfer
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, the compliance check prevents the extraction of data from
64-32. There is workaround for this other than to re-create the store using a
32-bit version of the WET Wizard and then extract (if you still have access
to the source machine). The 64-bit WET creates two versions of the Wizard,
one 32-bit and the other 64-bit.

Cheers!
-Vik

"paul zeus" wrote:

> Hi Vik,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> You are correct the 32 to 64 did work. I must of messed something up when I
> first tried it.
>
> Is there a way to get the 64 to 32 to work, after all we are only
> transfering data.
>
> Regards, Paul
>

> "Vik" wrote:
>
> > Hello Paul,
> >
> > 32-bit to 64-bit is supported, however 64-bit to 32-bit isn't. Can you
> > descibe in detail the process who used to connect the two machines and steps
> > taken to migrate the data?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vik
> >

> > "paul zeus" wrote:
> >
> > > tried to use easy transfer from a vista ultimate 32 bit box to a vista
> > > ultimate 64 bit box.
> > >
> > > told by easy transfer 32 to 64 bit not supported.
> > >
> > > tried from 64 to 32 bit got same
> > >
> > > Is there a solution to this problem.

paul zeus

RE: easy transfer
I looked for easy transfer only found it in welcome center.

Where do I find the 32 bit versoin on my 64 bit box?

Help please.

REgards,

Paul

"Vik" wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Unfortunately, the compliance check prevents the extraction of data from
> 64-32. There is workaround for this other than to re-create the store using a
> 32-bit version of the WET Wizard and then extract (if you still have access
> to the source machine). The 64-bit WET creates two versions of the Wizard,
> one 32-bit and the other 64-bit.
>
> Cheers!
> -Vik
>
> "paul zeus" wrote:
>
> > Hi Vik,
> >
> > Thank you for your reply.
> > You are correct the 32 to 64 did work. I must of messed something up when I
> > first tried it.
> >
> > Is there a way to get the 64 to 32 to work, after all we are only
> > transfering data.
> >
> > Regards, Paul
> >

> > "Vik" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Paul,
> > >
> > > 32-bit to 64-bit is supported, however 64-bit to 32-bit isn't. Can you
> > > descibe in detail the process who used to connect the two machines and steps
> > > taken to migrate the data?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Vik

Vik

RE: easy transfer
Using WET on the 64-bit box, create a wizard to CD. Take the CD to a 32-bit
OS and launch WET from there (The CD contains 2 versions of the Wizard-one
32-bit and one 64-bit).