How to view .aspx file using Vista Ultimate

katy

How to view .aspx file using Vista Ultimate
Hi, how may I view an .aspx file (my clinic statement online) when it only
is viewable in .aspx format? I use Vista Ultimate with the latest auto
updates. I use IE7 for browser version 7.0.6000.16575, 256bit cipher, 32 bit
OS. I've done searches on google and gotten nowhere. Any downloads I
thought would help, do not seem to relate to my OS. One was Media Player
update. I believe .aspx is an image file but not sure. Can anyone help me
here, please?
TIA..........katy

dev@null.invalid

Re: How to view .aspx file using Vista Ultimate
/katy/ said:
> Hi, how may I view an .aspx file (my clinic statement online) when it only
> is viewable in .aspx format? I use Vista Ultimate with the latest auto
> updates. I use IE7 for browser version 7.0.6000.16575, 256bit cipher, 32 bit
> OS. I've done searches on google and gotten nowhere. Any downloads I
> thought would help, do not seem to relate to my OS. One was Media Player
> update. I believe .aspx is an image file but not sure. Can anyone help me
> here, please?
> TIA..........katy

In tests here, both Internet Explorer and the Firefox browser open
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...datagrid1.aspx

When you attempt same, what do you see - specifically?
katy

Re: How to view .aspx file using Vista Ultimate
I'm attaching a pic I named 'ASPX files error' of what I see when I click on
the statement and the choice I have to view it. I am surprised too that I
cannot view this. I've never had this problem with any other file but I
don't think I've had to view an aspx file before.

<dev@null.invalid> wrote in message
> /katy/ said:
>> Hi, how may I view an .aspx file (my clinic statement online) when it
>> only
>> is viewable in .aspx format? I use Vista Ultimate with the latest auto
>> updates. I use IE7 for browser version 7.0.6000.16575, 256bit cipher, 32
>> bit
>> OS. I've done searches on google and gotten nowhere. Any downloads I
>> thought would help, do not seem to relate to my OS. One was Media Player
>> update. I believe .aspx is an image file but not sure. Can anyone help
>> me
>> here, please?
>> TIA..........katy
>>

> In tests here, both Internet Explorer and the Firefox browser open
> http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...datagrid1.aspx
>
> When you attempt same, what do you see - specifically?

katy

Re: How to view .aspx file using Vista Ultimate
Also, when I open your
link, attached is a pic I named 'Grid question mark' of what I see from that
link.

<dev@null.invalid> wrote in message
> /katy/ said:
>> Hi, how may I view an .aspx file (my clinic statement online) when it
>> only
>> is viewable in .aspx format? I use Vista Ultimate with the latest auto
>> updates. I use IE7 for browser version 7.0.6000.16575, 256bit cipher, 32
>> bit
>> OS. I've done searches on google and gotten nowhere. Any downloads I
>> thought would help, do not seem to relate to my OS. One was Media Player
>> update. I believe .aspx is an image file but not sure. Can anyone help
>> me
>> here, please?
>> TIA..........katy
>>

> In tests here, both Internet Explorer and the Firefox browser open
> http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...datagrid1.aspx
>
> When you attempt same, what do you see - specifically?

katy

Re: How to view .aspx file using Vista Ultimate
Could I ask, how can I send an image of the error I receive, I am told by IM
that I cannot send a pic of 41k.
<dev@null.invalid> wrote in message
> /katy/ said:
>> Hi, how may I view an .aspx file (my clinic statement online) when it
>> only
>> is viewable in .aspx format? I use Vista Ultimate with the latest auto
>> updates. I use IE7 for browser version 7.0.6000.16575, 256bit cipher, 32
>> bit
>> OS. I've done searches on google and gotten nowhere. Any downloads I
>> thought would help, do not seem to relate to my OS. One was Media Player
>> update. I believe .aspx is an image file but not sure. Can anyone help
>> me
>> here, please?
>> TIA..........katy
>>

> In tests here, both Internet Explorer and the Firefox browser open
> http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...datagrid1.aspx
>
> When you attempt same, what do you see - specifically?

katy

Re: How to view .aspx file using Vista Ultimate
wrong pic, here is correct pic

/katy/ said:

>> I'm attaching a pic I named 'ASPX files error' of what I see when I
>> click on the statement and the choice I have to view it. I am
>> surprised too that I cannot view this. I've never had this problem
>> with any other file but I don't think I've had to view an aspx file
>> before.

Something to try.
SAVE the file to a convenient directory (folder).

When you then attempt to open it (double-click) and are asked what
program to use, browse to the .exe file for your browser. If that's
I.E., you will find it here...

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

If there is an "always open with this" box, check it...and click on OK.
limalicas

Re: How to view .aspx file using Vista Ultimate

Hi there,

.aspx is the file extension for an ASP .NET active server page. It's a
web technology used on Microsoft servers running Internet Information
Services and ASP .NET. It is -not -an image file.

ASPX documents are code. You can open them using notepad or other text
editors, but unless you are accustomed to coding, you probably won't
enjoy the reading experience ;-)

Furthermore, since aspx pages are designed to interact with a
server-side database (the source of their dynamic content) they usually
contain little information of use to you without that database to hand.
You mentioned it is your clinic statement? In that case, you most likely
will not find your personal details in that file - they are stored up on
the web server instead.

Opening an aspx file locally from your own hard drive in IE or Firefox
won't yield good results unless you have installed, and are running, a
compatible web server such as IIS.

Liam

--
limalicas

- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 (4 X 3 GHz) 1333MHz FSB/12MB L2 Cache
- 8GB CORSAIR XMS2 800MHz
- 2TB SERIAL ATA II HDD / 32MB CACHE (7200rpm)
- 6x Blu-Ray BDR/3xHDD + 16x DVD±RW/4x Dual Lyr + 40x CDRW
- 20x Dual Layer LightScribe DVD Writer ±R/±RW/RAM
- 768MB GEFORCE 8800GTX PCI Express
- Sound Blaster® X-Fi Elite Pro
- CoolerMaster CM Stacker 831
- ASUS SILENT KNIGHT II PURE COPPER ULTRA COOLER
- 1010W Quiet Quad Rail PSU + 6x120mm Fans
- 2xLG L226WTQ 22 inch Widescreen: HDCP/DVI/2MS/1680 x1050