ugrading to Windows Vista

Terry

ugrading to Windows Vista
I just recently upgraded to Windows Vista. All my olf files were saved to a
folder on the same computer. How do I reinstall these programs such as
Nortan Internet Sevurity? I tried to use Windows easy transfer but you can
only do it from one computer to another and not from the same computer?
philo

Re: ugrading to Windows Vista

"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just recently upgraded to Windows Vista. All my olf files were saved to

> folder on the same computer. How do I reinstall these programs such as
> Nortan Internet Sevurity? I tried to use Windows easy transfer but you

can
> only do it from one computer to another and not from the same computer?

You need to install them from their setup file
or from the cd that they were on

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: ugrading to Windows Vista
"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just recently upgraded to Windows Vista. All my olf files were saved to
> folder on the same computer. How do I reinstall these programs such as
> Nortan Internet Sevurity? I tried to use Windows easy transfer but you
> can
> only do it from one computer to another and not from the same computer?

Instead of installing NIS, use AVG or Avast free anti-virus. Other programs
should be installed from their original media..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

Wayne

Re: ugrading to Windows Vista
"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just recently upgraded to Windows Vista. All my olf files were saved to
> folder on the same computer. How do I reinstall these programs such as
> Nortan Internet Sevurity? I tried to use Windows easy transfer but you
> can
> only do it from one computer to another and not from the same computer?

What version of NIS were you using? NIS is at version 2008 as of this
posting.

Rick Rogers

Re: ugrading to Windows Vista
Hi,

To use the Easy Transfer utility, you would have needed to do it before the
upgrade. It, however, would only tranfer files and settings. For programs,
you would have needed to use the Easy Transfer Companion. But, in any case,
it's too late for either of these. Data can be recovered from the
windows.old folder that the upgrade created if it was not transferred for
you. Programs will need to be reinstalled from their original installation
media. With Norton/Symantec, you need to make sure you have a compatible
version of the software before attempting to install it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just recently upgraded to Windows Vista. All my olf files were saved to
> folder on the same computer. How do I reinstall these programs such as
> Nortan Internet Sevurity? I tried to use Windows easy transfer but you
> can
> only do it from one computer to another and not from the same computer?

Terry

Re: ugrading to Windows Vista
Rick, thank you for such details to your post. very helpful.