Creating dual boot with vista

tubbyd

Creating dual boot with vista

hi guys, i'm using a dell m1530. i was wondering if i can do a dual
boot. both partition running vista.
the reason being i'd like to have one partition for leisure stuff...
and the second for my work (i'm music programmer, so i wanna tweak vista
as minimum as possible).

if this is possible, can i use the same vista cd to install separately
on both partition...
oh man, i hope i made sense... :geek:

so new to vista! still not used to it...

p/s; i've been told about tweaking user profiles as well... can it be
done? i'd like to have no internet etc. on my work partition

--
tubbyd
Jawade

Re: Creating dual boot with vista
In article <tubbyd.33i173@no-mx.forums.net>, tubbyd <tubbyd.33i173@no-mx.forums.net> says...

> hi guys, i'm using a dell m1530. i was wondering if i can do a dual
> boot. both partition running vista.
> the reason being i'd like to have one partition for leisure stuff...
> and the second for my work (i'm music programmer, so i wanna tweak vista
> as minimum as possible).
>
> if this is possible, can i use the same vista cd to install separately
> on both partition...
> oh man, i hope i made sense... :geek:
>
> so new to vista! still not used to it...
>
> p/s; i've been told about tweaking user profiles as well... can it be
> done? i'd like to have no internet etc. on my work partition

VistaBootPro can do it for you. It's free.

But you cannot 2 times installing and registering. The only legal
way is to buy another licency.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten, Jawade. Weer veel vernieuwd!
http://jawade.nl/ Met een mirror op http://jawade.fortunecity.com/
mikeyhsd

Re: Creating dual boot with vista
you can only run the SECOND copy for 30 days as you will not be able to register it with microsft a second time.
if you do not mind installing fresh again every 30 days. go for it.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"tubbyd" <tubbyd.33i173@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message news:tubbyd.33i173@no-mx.forums.net...

hi guys, i'm using a dell m1530. i was wondering if i can do a dual
boot. both partition running vista.
the reason being i'd like to have one partition for leisure stuff...
and the second for my work (i'm music programmer, so i wanna tweak vista
as minimum as possible).

if this is possible, can i use the same vista cd to install separately
on both partition...
oh man, i hope i made sense... :geek:

so new to vista! still not used to it...

p/s; i've been told about tweaking user profiles as well... can it be
done? i'd like to have no internet etc. on my work partition

--
tubbyd
tubbyd

Re: Creating dual boot with vista

ok ok, i'll get my 2nd copy of vista and install it...

so when does VistaBootPro come in?

--
tubbyd
Benjamin_500

Re: Creating dual boot with vista
im new to vista so this might not work, but why not install vista to 1 HDD
once you have done this do not set up an internet connection and activate via
the phone then use this one as your work boot.. as long as you never connect
it to the net it will never know about anything else, then install vista
again to HDD no.2 and again active by phone telling them that you had to
re-install due to a virus or HDD curruption error, im sure aslong as you do
this within a couple of days its a viable story. i dont see how this would
be illigal as you and only you is useing the same computer and your not
selling on bootlegs etc.. but by doing it that way the off line HDD will
never know that it has an online brother.. dose that make sence??