Bad dvd burner?

***** charles

Bad dvd burner?
hey<

I just installed two different dvd burners on the
same Vista 64 Basic machine that where brand
new out of the box. One was an LG and the
other was a LiteOn. Whenever I try to access
them with Windows Explorer most of the time
the machine just locks up and I have to push
the power button to do anything with the thing.
It's hard to believe that both devices are bad
from the factory. Any ideas?

thanks,
charles.....

peter

Re: Bad dvd burner?
and how are they installed???..IDE cable?? SATA Cable??
if IDE cable which one is the master..which the slave?? did you change the
jumpers on the back??
On an IDE cable the middle connection is the slave connection and the end is
the master...and as such the burners need to be jumpered accordingly.
I have run across LiteOn drives which just did not like to be the Slave...
peter

"***** charles" <shultzjrX@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:workj.4199$jJ5.2012@newssvr11.news.prodigy.ne t...
> hey<
>
> I just installed two different dvd burners on the
> same Vista 64 Basic machine that where brand
> new out of the box. One was an LG and the
> other was a LiteOn. Whenever I try to access
> them with Windows Explorer most of the time
> the machine just locks up and I have to push
> the power button to do anything with the thing.
> It's hard to believe that both devices are bad
> from the factory. Any ideas?
>
> thanks,
> charles.....

***** charles

Re: Bad dvd burner?
Installed properly with IDE cable, LiteOn is master
LG is slave jumpers properly set.

later.