Add Chinese Language Simplified/Traditional

Mandarina

Add Chinese Language Simplified/Traditional
As described in the help file, I separately downloaded Japanese, Dutch and
both Chinese languages but so far I've only been able to add Japanese on the
language bar. In the meanwhile Dutch has been deleted hoping it would help.
I've done numerous attempts of applying alternately Chinese packs into the
display language box and it automatically logs Off. It works but no way can I
add them to the keyboards. The OK button doesn't light up at all having no
choice to return to English.

Could anyone please give some sensible advice or helpful solution(s), I'm so
annoyed after a perfect working Windows XP.

Thanks,

Mandarina
Mandarina

RE: Add Chinese Language Simplified/Traditional
Ok, I found the solution myself it cost me a night without sleep to get it
right. For everyone out there who wants to type Chinese in simplified and
traditional script.

If you downloaded the packs, you click Control Panel>Keyboards and
Languages>Change keyboards>Installed Services.

Click on the Add button:go find Language >Chinese PRC>keyboard>Show
More>Chinese (Simplified) Microsoft Pinyin IME>Chinese (Traditional) - US
keyboard>OK>Apply and finished.

And it works, if you click in the language toolbar Chines PRC, the menu will
show a button with Character set in which you can tick for Simplified,
Traditional and Extended Character Set.

新年快樂!

心想事成,万事如意

Mandarina

"Mandarina" wrote:

> As described in the help file, I separately downloaded Japanese, Dutch and
> both Chinese languages but so far I've only been able to add Japanese on the
> language bar. In the meanwhile Dutch has been deleted hoping it would help.
> I've done numerous attempts of applying alternately Chinese packs into the
> display language box and it automatically logs Off. It works but no way can I
> add them to the keyboards. The OK button doesn't light up at all having no
> choice to return to English.
>
> Could anyone please give some sensible advice or helpful solution(s), I'm so
> annoyed after a perfect working Windows XP.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mandarina

Fobulous

Re: Add Chinese Language Simplified/Traditional

Are you referring to any Vista?

when i got my Lenovo, the Chinese Simplified Language was already
installed along with the System Locale. I guess the builders in China
forgot to change it to US English! lol Anyway, i am lucky to be able to
read both

--
Fobulous