Originally Posted by jgabrielle
i think i found it - hallaluah!!!eurika!!!
finger in middle of pad equals left/right scroll, finger on far right equals vert/horiz scroll.
hope this solves....
...no that's kinda what they already know.......but anyways I was searching google for how to solve this problem, and I came across this thread. after realizing it did not solve the problem i continued to search google, and finally i was able to find the solution. i decided, what the heck, why don't i copypasta the solution into this post just for your guys convenience. (aren't i nice???):
1. Go to Control Panel, and select Mouse. A window pops up with a bunch of tabs at the top.
Note: From here, your steps may be different from mine, depending on which touchpad you have. Mine is Synaptics. If yours is different, you may have to hunt around for Virtual Scrolling and disable it. On mine, the following steps worked.
2. Go into the tab called Device Settings, and you will see a list of one of more devices.
3. Make sure your touchpad device is highlighted.
4. Beneath that list, hit the button that says Settings. A new window will pop up with a options "tree" at the left.
5. Choose the option that says Virtual Scrolling -- make sure you click the word Virtual Scrolling, not the little plus sign next to it, and you will see one or two checkboxes for Virtual Scrolling.
6. Uncheck those boxes and hit Okay. Then you're good to go.
...and voila!! no more annoying "virtual scrolling" with your touchpad. probably the reason that it was hard to find the solution to this problem is the fact that you have to know that this scrolling feature is called "virtual scrolling". i mean, COME ON, how in the heck are you supposed to know that the feature's called that
?? anyways that's the solution. (...and 6 months late when you guys have probably solved this problem already, but at least people who are directed to this thread via google will find the solution they were looking for)
p.s. yes i know how to use CAPS and better punctuation, but for the longest time, i've found it to be my own style (or whatever the word is that i'm trying to think of right now) to type like this online. and yes i do realize that a lot of my sentences are run-off sentences, that's just a problem i have personally with my writing, which is completely separate from my lack of UPPERCASE LETTERS style. and no one is probably even reading this, so why the heck am i rambling on? personally, and in all honesty, i don't know. i'm just going to stop now.