Hard-to-Identify Icons on Taskbar

arlo

Hard-to-Identify Icons on Taskbar
Since I switched over of Windows Vista and Office 2007, I'm having a terrible
time efficiently navigating between my open programs and documents because
the Office 2007 icons are so pale I can't easily identify them, in particular
Word, Mail, Publisher, even Excel which is a different color is hard to ID.
On the Quicklaunch to the left, the icons are slightly better (still not
great). Can I do anything to make them more legible? And why are they not
identical to the icons on the Quicklaunch? All my other icons in open
documents are normal and easy to recognize.

A://P20k

RE: Hard-to-Identify Icons on Taskbar
You Can Press Alt+Tab to Exit Program's without shutting them off, or you can
Right Click on the task bar, Then > Hide > i dont think it's Actually
Possible To Identify them Unless you use Risky 3rd party programs.. wich
could contain viruses
Trojens ect.
--

C://Cdotrun C://RunDotrun
A://RunManRun

"arlo" wrote:

> Since I switched over of Windows Vista and Office 2007, I'm having a terrible
> time efficiently navigating between my open programs and documents because
> the Office 2007 icons are so pale I can't easily identify them, in particular
> Word, Mail, Publisher, even Excel which is a different color is hard to ID.
> On the Quicklaunch to the left, the icons are slightly better (still not
> great). Can I do anything to make them more legible? And why are they not
> identical to the icons on the Quicklaunch? All my other icons in open
> documents are normal and easy to recognize.

arlo

RE: Hard-to-Identify Icons on Taskbar
Thanks, but maybe I wasn't clear on what the problem is, because I don't
think your reply answered my question.

When I'm going back and forth among different programs and documents I have
open, I need to just glance at the icon and then click on it. If I have to
spend any more than 1 second trying to figure out which one is Word or which
one is Mail, then I'm frustrated. My Mozilla icon is a bright orange ball --
easy to recognize. Same with Juno - a big bright J. But the Office 2007 icons
are a nondescript, pale blue that I can't easily recognize.

Why is this? And why are these icons not the same ones that are on the
Quicklaunch to the left?

"A://P20k" wrote:

> You Can Press Alt+Tab to Exit Program's without shutting them off, or you can
> Right Click on the task bar, Then > Hide > i dont think it's Actually
> Possible To Identify them Unless you use Risky 3rd party programs.. wich
> could contain viruses
> Trojens ect.
> --
>

> C://Cdotrun C://RunDotrun
> A://RunManRun
>

> "arlo" wrote:
>
> > Since I switched over of Windows Vista and Office 2007, I'm having a terrible
> > time efficiently navigating between my open programs and documents because
> > the Office 2007 icons are so pale I can't easily identify them, in particular
> > Word, Mail, Publisher, even Excel which is a different color is hard to ID.
> > On the Quicklaunch to the left, the icons are slightly better (still not
> > great). Can I do anything to make them more legible? And why are they not
> > identical to the icons on the Quicklaunch? All my other icons in open
> > documents are normal and easy to recognize.

John Hanley

Re: Hard-to-Identify Icons on Taskbar
I probably don't understand your issue, but the buttons (whether from Office
2007 or other applications) on my taskbar include the identical icons as are
in the Quick Launch area. Admittedly, they are small, but seem pretty
distinctive (style and color) to my eyes. Perhaps if you played around
with the Personalization settings you might find better visual attributes?