MS - Vista Setup

Dave

MS - Vista Setup
I have installed Vista Ultimate. I've networked it and loaded Office 2007,
adobe, cuteFTP and AutoCAD 2008. Everything worked great. I moved it to the
work station area, and the only thing different I connect was a new 24" HP
monitor. I found and installed the drivers for the monitor. I get no ? or
errors in device management.

But upon bootup every time I get this error message.
"This computer must be restarted before updating can continue. Would you
like to restart now."

All of the MS updates have been done. I can still access the network, all
programs seem to run correctly. I can surf the internet with no problems.

--
Dave
Ron O'Brien

Re: MS - Vista Setup
Don't know if this helps - I had a similar problem when I first installed
Windows XP Professional, it turned out that one of the upgrades I'd done
didn't install correctly. I had to go to control panel select the show
windows up-dates and search out the duff download to uninstall (not easy I
think I just uninstalled one at a time until it went away, they ran the
up-date prog again.

Someone else may have a better idea of whats going on

Ron

Dave

Re: MS - Vista Setup
Thanks,
Unless someone gives me a better solution I'll give it a try
--
Dave

"Ron O'Brien" wrote:

> Don't know if this helps - I had a similar problem when I first installed
> Windows XP Professional, it turned out that one of the upgrades I'd done
> didn't install correctly. I had to go to control panel select the show
> windows up-dates and search out the duff download to uninstall (not easy I
> think I just uninstalled one at a time until it went away, they ran the
> up-date prog again.
>
> Someone else may have a better idea of whats going on
>
> Ron

Rick Rogers

Re: MS - Vista Setup
Hi Dave,

Have you check in the event viewer's system and application logs to see if
they identify what update is trying to install?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

>I have installed Vista Ultimate. I've networked it and loaded Office 2007,
> adobe, cuteFTP and AutoCAD 2008. Everything worked great. I moved it to
> the
> work station area, and the only thing different I connect was a new 24" HP
> monitor. I found and installed the drivers for the monitor. I get no ?
> or
> errors in device management.
>
> But upon bootup every time I get this error message.
> "This computer must be restarted before updating can continue. Would you
> like to restart now."
>
> All of the MS updates have been done. I can still access the network, all
> programs seem to run correctly. I can surf the internet with no problems.
>
> --
> Dave

davehc

Re: MS - Vista Setup

The problem is Adobe reader. 1. Open Adobe reader and , in the help tab,
check for updates and install them. If that does not do the trick, you
have a stalled update. throught the Control Panel uninstall Adobe
Acrobat and restart. If that worked, try reinstalling Acrobat.

--
davehc