Anytime upgrade

Perry

Anytime upgrade
If i have a computer without an OS, can i use an "anytime upgrade" disk to
install vista?
Jane C

Re: Anytime upgrade
Hi Perry,

The Anytime Upgrade disk is intended to upgrade an existing installation.
Upgrade keys will not work for a new install. You would need a full
version.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If i have a computer without an OS, can i use an "anytime upgrade" disk to
> install vista?

Perry

Re: Anytime upgrade
yeah, thats what i thought. I was just making sure. thanks.

"Jane C" wrote:

> Hi Perry,
>
> The Anytime Upgrade disk is intended to upgrade an existing installation.
> Upgrade keys will not work for a new install. You would need a full
> version.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If i have a computer without an OS, can i use an "anytime upgrade" disk to
> > install vista?

Gary Mount

Re: Anytime upgrade
Is there a separate anytime upgrade disk? My retail version of Vista Home
Premium includes the anytime upgrade on the same disk.
I did an anytime upgrade from the retail disk.

"Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If i have a computer without an OS, can i use an "anytime upgrade" disk to
> install vista?

chris abbott

Re: Anytime upgrade
you can use the anytime upgrade disk to install vista on another pc.... just
use the code on the side/bottom of the original pc......(don't even say this
isn't possible, i've installed vista with my a-u disk on several pc's using
the same product key)
> yeah, thats what i thought. I was just making sure. thanks.
>
> "Jane C" wrote:
>
>> Hi Perry,
>>
>> The Anytime Upgrade disk is intended to upgrade an existing installation.
>> Upgrade keys will not work for a new install. You would need a full
>> version.
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
>> MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> "Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If i have a computer without an OS, can i use an "anytime upgrade" disk
>> > install vista?

johnb

Re: Anytime upgrade
My new HP laptop apparently includes Anytime Upgrade preinstalled, but, after
purchaseing the upgrade I can;t get it to work and the support is appalling.
Whty are we putting up with such a complex and failure prone service??