Cannot uninstall any application thru Programs and Features of Vis

Rani

Cannot uninstall any application thru Programs and Features of Vis
Any application I try to uninstall from Programs and Features of Vista Home
Premium, I get an error dialog

"An error occured while trying to uninstall <Application Name>. It may have
been uninstalled.
Would you like to remove <Application Name> from the Programs and Features
List?"

I need urgent help on this. Appreciate any help.

Thanks
Jack

Re: Cannot uninstall any application thru Programs and Features of Vis
Are you sure you have still that application you need to delete?
Can you run it?
Maybe it get deleted somehow.
Jack

"Rani" <Rani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any application I try to uninstall from Programs and Features of Vista
> Premium, I get an error dialog
>
> "An error occured while trying to uninstall <Application Name>. It may
> have
> been uninstalled.
> Would you like to remove <Application Name> from the Programs and Features
> List?"
>
> I need urgent help on this. Appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks

R. C. White

Re: Cannot uninstall any application thru Programs and Features of Vis
Hi, Rani.

If you tell us the name of the application, someone here might recognize it
and have a suggestion.

If you still have the installation media, you could install it again - and
then uninstall it. The re-install often restores the registry entries and
other pointers that allows the UNinstall to work again.

Another possibility is that the app has been uninstalled and is completely
gone except for that lingering reference in Programs and Features. What
happens if you answer Yes to that "Would you like to remove..." question?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Rani" <Rani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any application I try to uninstall from Programs and Features of Vista
> Premium, I get an error dialog
>
> "An error occured while trying to uninstall <Application Name>. It may
> have
> been uninstalled.
> Would you like to remove <Application Name> from the Programs and Features
> List?"
>
> I need urgent help on this. Appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks

Rani

Re: Cannot uninstall any application thru Programs and Features of
Hi Jack,

The Application is still there. And I can run it.

I tried to uninstall Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and Adobe Photoshop. Both these
applications gave me the same error as I mentioned earlier.

"Jack" wrote:

> Are you sure you have still that application you need to delete?
> Can you run it?
> Maybe it get deleted somehow.
> Jack
>
> "Rani" <Rani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Any application I try to uninstall from Programs and Features of Vista
> > Premium, I get an error dialog
> >
> > "An error occured while trying to uninstall <Application Name>. It may
> > have
> > been uninstalled.
> > Would you like to remove <Application Name> from the Programs and Features
> > List?"
> >
> > I need urgent help on this. Appreciate any help.
> >
> > Thanks

Rani

Re: Cannot uninstall any application thru Programs and Features of
Hi White,

I want to uninstall Adobe Photoshop when I got this error. Then I tried to
uninstall Firefox 2.0, but again the same error. I tried re-installing and
uninstalling but with no success.

Nothing happens when you select 'Yes' for the "Would you like to remove ..."
question.

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Rani.
>
> If you tell us the name of the application, someone here might recognize it
> and have a suggestion.
>
> If you still have the installation media, you could install it again - and
> then uninstall it. The re-install often restores the registry entries and
> other pointers that allows the UNinstall to work again.
>
> Another possibility is that the app has been uninstalled and is completely
> gone except for that lingering reference in Programs and Features. What
> happens if you answer Yes to that "Would you like to remove..." question?
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> (Running Windows Live Mail 2008 in Vista Ultimate x64)
>
> "Rani" <Rani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Any application I try to uninstall from Programs and Features of Vista
> > Premium, I get an error dialog
> >
> > "An error occured while trying to uninstall <Application Name>. It may
> > have
> > been uninstalled.
> > Would you like to remove <Application Name> from the Programs and Features
> > List?"
> >
> > I need urgent help on this. Appreciate any help.
> >
> > Thanks

Curious

Re: Cannot uninstall any application thru Programs and Features of
Do you have administrative rights and are you running the as the same user
from which you installed the programs?