installing MS small business office 2003 onto Windows Vista Home P

Scott

installing MS small business office 2003 onto Windows Vista Home P
I bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and was told that I could
install office 2003 without a problem. I have the disc for small business
office 2003, that I have installed on my PC with windows XP pro.
I load the disc and the wizard opens and starts the download but stops about
1/4 of the way through saying there is an error- a file is missing and to use
the disc ( which I already have in the drive).
Any suggestions?
Rick Rogers

Re: installing MS small business office 2003 onto Windows Vista Home P
Hi,

Clean the disk with a lint-free cloth, and run a lens cleaner disk through
the optical drive. That error appears because for some reason the spot on
the disk that contains that file cannot be read. Usually it's due to dust or
debris blocking a proper read.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and was told that I could
> install office 2003 without a problem. I have the disc for small business
> office 2003, that I have installed on my PC with windows XP pro.
> I load the disc and the wizard opens and starts the download but stops
> about
> 1/4 of the way through saying there is an error- a file is missing and to
> use
> the disc ( which I already have in the drive).
> Any suggestions?

Scott

Re: installing MS small business office 2003 onto Windows Vista Ho
I did the cleaning and it still didn't work.
The actual message:
Installation Error: File not Found
A required installation file ZF612707.CAB could
not be found

Original Installation Source Required
(paragraph about original disc or down load from net)

(I had the original disc in the drive)

Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions on a fix?

Thanks
Scott

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Clean the disk with a lint-free cloth, and run a lens cleaner disk through
> the optical drive. That error appears because for some reason the spot on
> the disk that contains that file cannot be read. Usually it's due to dust or
> debris blocking a proper read.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and was told that I could
> > install office 2003 without a problem. I have the disc for small business
> > office 2003, that I have installed on my PC with windows XP pro.
> > I load the disc and the wizard opens and starts the download but stops
> > about
> > 1/4 of the way through saying there is an error- a file is missing and to
> > use
> > the disc ( which I already have in the drive).
> > Any suggestions?

Richard G. Harper

Re: installing MS small business office 2003 onto Windows Vista Ho
Sounds as if the disc or drive is damaged beyond easy repair.

>I did the cleaning and it still didn't work.
> The actual message:
> Installation Error: File not Found
> A required installation file ZF612707.CAB could
> not be found
>
> Original Installation Source Required
> (paragraph about original disc or down load from net)
>
> (I had the original disc in the drive)
>
> Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions on a fix?
>
> Thanks
> Scott
>

> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Clean the disk with a lint-free cloth, and run a lens cleaner disk
>> through
>> the optical drive. That error appears because for some reason the spot on
>> the disk that contains that file cannot be read. Usually it's due to dust
>> or
>> debris blocking a proper read.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and was told that I could
>> > install office 2003 without a problem. I have the disc for small
>> > business
>> > office 2003, that I have installed on my PC with windows XP pro.
>> > I load the disc and the wizard opens and starts the download but stops
>> > about
>> > 1/4 of the way through saying there is an error- a file is missing and
>> > use
>> > the disc ( which I already have in the drive).
>> > Any suggestions?

JW

Re: installing MS small business office 2003 onto Windows Vista Ho
I have not had any problems installing Office 2003 student version on two
Vista PCs.
I suggest that you try copying the original disk to see if you get an error
when trying to copy it.
> Sounds as if the disc or drive is damaged beyond easy repair.

> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I did the cleaning and it still didn't work.
>> The actual message:
>> Installation Error: File not Found
>> A required installation file ZF612707.CAB could
>> not be found
>>
>> Original Installation Source Required
>> (paragraph about original disc or down load from net)
>>
>> (I had the original disc in the drive)
>>
>> Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions on a fix?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Scott
>>

>> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Clean the disk with a lint-free cloth, and run a lens cleaner disk
>>> through
>>> the optical drive. That error appears because for some reason the spot
>>> on
>>> the disk that contains that file cannot be read. Usually it's due to
>>> dust or
>>> debris blocking a proper read.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

ddinverness

Re: installing MS small business office 2003 onto Windows Vista Ho
Ive had the same problem installing Microsoft Access. The program loads
perfectly on my XP laptop. Even copied the disk contents to the laptop
harddrive and then transferred it to my vista machine. Then ran setup but
still the same problem of being unable to find files. Its not always the same
file that it cant find.
I spent £100 on this program and i'm not happy. Microsoft site says its a
faulty drive. Not so. Their other programs all install ok.

Any other suggestions ?
Kerry Brown

Re: installing MS small business office 2003 onto Windows Vista Home P
"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and was told that I could
> install office 2003 without a problem. I have the disc for small business
> office 2003, that I have installed on my PC with windows XP pro.
> I load the disc and the wizard opens and starts the download but stops
> about
> 1/4 of the way through saying there is an error- a file is missing and to
> use
> the disc ( which I already have in the drive).
> Any suggestions?

This may be the problem.

http://cquirke.spaces.live.com/blog/...8C23!683.entry

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

JW

Re: installing MS small business office 2003 onto Windows Vista Ho
Have you tried turning off any firewalls you have on your vista system
before trying to run the install on Vista. Access 2000 installed on my
Vista systems without problem.
"ddinverness" <ddinverness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ive had the same problem installing Microsoft Access. The program loads
> perfectly on my XP laptop. Even copied the disk contents to the laptop
> harddrive and then transferred it to my vista machine. Then ran setup but
> still the same problem of being unable to find files. Its not always the
> same
> file that it cant find.
> I spent £100 on this program and i'm not happy. Microsoft site says its a
> faulty drive. Not so. Their other programs all install ok.
>
> Any other suggestions ?

John

"Scott" wrote:

> I bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and was told that I could
> install office 2003 without a problem. I have the disc for small business
> office 2003, that I have installed on my PC with windows XP pro.
> I load the disc and the wizard opens and starts the download but stops about
> 1/4 of the way through saying there is an error- a file is missing and to use
> the disc ( which I already have in the drive).
> Any suggestions?

Bruce Chambers

John wrote:

> "Scott" wrote:
>
>> I bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and was told that I could
>> install office 2003 without a problem. I have the disc for small business
>> office 2003, that I have installed on my PC with windows XP pro.
>> I load the disc and the wizard opens and starts the download but stops about
>> 1/4 of the way through saying there is an error- a file is missing and to use
>> the disc ( which I already have in the drive).
>> Any suggestions?

Try cleaning both the disk and the optical drive's lens.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.