Scroll wheel on mouse doesnt scroll page

Luke

Scroll wheel on mouse doesnt scroll page
I have had my current desktop running vista ultimate for several months and
has run fine.
Suddenly last week the scroll wheel on keyboard and mouse (logitech mx3000)
stopped working to scroll the page in internet explorer, windows explorer and
MS-word. The scroll wheels still work when ctrl held down to zoom pictures
etc.
Vista is fully up to date, mouse/keyboard software is fully up to date and I
have changed to MS wired keyboard and mouse - still no difference.
What could be the problem?
Thanks for your help.
Luke
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: Scroll wheel on mouse doesnt scroll page

"Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E5C4319-039C-46D0-AB07-D46DF1F10F1C@microsoft.com...
> I have had my current desktop running vista ultimate for several months and
> has run fine.
> Suddenly last week the scroll wheel on keyboard and mouse (logitech mx3000)
> stopped working to scroll the page in internet explorer, windows explorer and
> MS-word. The scroll wheels still work when ctrl held down to zoom pictures
> etc.
> Vista is fully up to date, mouse/keyboard software is fully up to date and I
> have changed to MS wired keyboard and mouse - still no difference.
> What could be the problem?
> Thanks for your help.
> Luke

There are a number of odd-ball anomalies that can occur with meeces
when buttons are accidentally triggered. Some of the results are software
oriented, and some are OS or mouse function oriented... so the results may
vary depending on whether or not you have certain software open and running
when you create the button combinations.

Use different combinations of the mouse buttons in short duration to see
if you can restore the standard scroll functions. Start by holding down
(at different times) both the left and right mouse buttons as you are attempting
to scroll. Also, many scroll wheel meeces have a depression switch on the
wheel itself which activates other uses -- try depressing the wheel as you
scroll (or before) and tapping the wheel and see if this changes the action.

These are just ideas.... nothing certain here at all - but there are often large
numbers of options which can be created by the combination of mouse
buttons and the wheel that are not necessarily discussed in the applicable
mouse or software documentation.

Also, check to see if there is a command and control function set in the
control panel for your mouse. It may accidentally have been set to not
scroll at all. You can usually set the number of lines per scroll-click in
the properties for the mouse.

DM

Luke

Re: Scroll wheel on mouse doesnt scroll page
Thank-you for your reply David.
Ive tried different combinations of buttons, still no luck yet.
Ill keep trying.
Thanks

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

> "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E5C4319-039C-46D0-AB07-D46DF1F10F1C@microsoft.com...
> > I have had my current desktop running vista ultimate for several months and
> > has run fine.
> > Suddenly last week the scroll wheel on keyboard and mouse (logitech mx3000)
> > stopped working to scroll the page in internet explorer, windows explorer and
> > MS-word. The scroll wheels still work when ctrl held down to zoom pictures
> > etc.
> > Vista is fully up to date, mouse/keyboard software is fully up to date and I
> > have changed to MS wired keyboard and mouse - still no difference.
> > What could be the problem?
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Luke

> There are a number of odd-ball anomalies that can occur with meeces
> when buttons are accidentally triggered. Some of the results are software
> oriented, and some are OS or mouse function oriented... so the results may
> vary depending on whether or not you have certain software open and running
> when you create the button combinations.
>
> Use different combinations of the mouse buttons in short duration to see
> if you can restore the standard scroll functions. Start by holding down
> (at different times) both the left and right mouse buttons as you are attempting
> to scroll. Also, many scroll wheel meeces have a depression switch on the
> wheel itself which activates other uses -- try depressing the wheel as you
> scroll (or before) and tapping the wheel and see if this changes the action.
>
> These are just ideas.... nothing certain here at all - but there are often large
> numbers of options which can be created by the combination of mouse
> buttons and the wheel that are not necessarily discussed in the applicable
> mouse or software documentation.
>
> Also, check to see if there is a command and control function set in the
> control panel for your mouse. It may accidentally have been set to not
> scroll at all. You can usually set the number of lines per scroll-click in
> the properties for the mouse.
>
> DM

Curious

Re: Scroll wheel on mouse doesnt scroll page
I have no problem with my mouse scroll wheel working in any vista window
once I have clicked the mouse left or right key while the cursor is visible
in the window that I want it to scroll. Otherwise it does appear that in
vista it does not scroll since it does not know in what window your are
using it.