Product Registration Key for new lap top

dimplzjs

Product Registration Key for new lap top
My new HP laptop came with Vista installed. Everytime I open Word it is
asking for a registration key. There was nothing provided with the computer.
Any ideas?d
Mick Murphy

RE: Product Registration Key for new lap top
Word is part of Office(a suite of applications), not a part of Vista
operating system.
..
What you have is either a Trail version of Office, or you have had Office
installed as part of your package form the computer manufacturer.

The Product Key on the bottom of your laptop is for Vista, NOT Office.

Check the documentation that came with your comp, and see if you have an
Office CD with the Office Product Key for Office.

If you can not solve it with the above, contact the computer manufacturer..

"dimplzjs" wrote:

> My new HP laptop came with Vista installed. Everytime I open Word it is
> asking for a registration key. There was nothing provided with the computer.
> Any ideas?d

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Product Registration Key for new lap top
How to determine whether you have a trial edition of a 2007 Office suite or
program installed:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927920/en-us

How to convert a trial version of a 2007 Office suite or program to a full
retail perpetual license version:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927756/en-us

"dimplzjs" wrote:

> My new HP laptop came with Vista installed. Everytime I open Word it is
> asking for a registration key. There was nothing provided with the
> computer.
> Any ideas?d

Dustin Harper

Re: Product Registration Key for new lap top
Word is probably part of the trial version of Office on your PC. A lot of
OEM's (HP, Dell, etc.) put a trial version on your PC. In order to use it
past 30 days (or 60...), you would need to purchase the full version.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.dot.kom | Replace the obvious

"dimplzjs" <dimplzjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My new HP laptop came with Vista installed. Everytime I open Word it is
> asking for a registration key. There was nothing provided with the
> computer.
> Any ideas?d

DevilsPGD

Re: Product Registration Key for new lap top
In message <61C0B4AE-F36F-41FF-A537-AA8876619622@microsoft.com> "Dustin
Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote:

>Word is probably part of the trial version of Office on your PC. A lot of
>OEM's (HP, Dell, etc.) put a trial version on your PC. In order to use it
>past 30 days (or 60...), you would need to purchase the full version.

Failing that, any chance this is Office 2003?
David B.

Re: Product Registration Key for new lap top
Does it matter? If the OP didn't pay for it all he gets is a demo.

--

----

"DevilsPGD" <spam_narf_spam@crazyhat.net> wrote in message

> Failing that, any chance this is Office 2003?

Dustin Harper

Re: Product Registration Key for new lap top
It possibly could be. But, there are also trial versions of 2003, and the
full version would still require a product key and a purchase.

If the OP is looking to work with the files already created and does not
want to purchase the full version, look into http://www.openoffice.org, it
is a Microsoft Office compatible, free alternative to Office.

In message <#pGyH83VIHA.6140@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl> "David B."
<nomail@nomail.com> wrote:

>Does it matter? If the OP didn't pay for it all he gets is a demo.

We don't know if it's a trial or not... If it isn't a trial, there is an
issue with Office 2003 that requires you to start an Office app as an
administrator at least once.