HELP PLEASE

kezzie

HELP PLEASE
I had a Dell laptop given to me at christmas which when i turned on, I have
this ibunta on the system which acording to india is as good as microsoft
windows I was unable to get onto the internet or us there programs, so I
purchased windows vista, but when i have come to install it, I put in the
disc and nothing happens!! do i need to install another programme before
installing vista home premium, I would really appreciate any answers. thank
you
Rick Rogers

Re: HELP PLEASE
Hi

You need to boot the system from the disk and run setup from there. Part of
it will include removing and rebuilding the system partition.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"kezzie" <kezzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a Dell laptop given to me at christmas which when i turned on, I have
> this ibunta on the system which acording to india is as good as microsoft
> windows I was unable to get onto the internet or us there programs, so I
> purchased windows vista, but when i have come to install it, I put in the
> disc and nothing happens!! do i need to install another programme before
> installing vista home premium, I would really appreciate any answers.
> thank
> you

kezzie

Re: HELP PLEASE
Thank you for replying to my message, would you be able to send me the
details on how I can boot the system and remove and rebuild etc, as this
ibuntu program is so confusing! thank you very much

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi
>
> You need to boot the system from the disk and run setup from there. Part of
> it will include removing and rebuilding the system partition.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "kezzie" <kezzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had a Dell laptop given to me at christmas which when i turned on, I have
> > this ibunta on the system which acording to india is as good as microsoft
> > windows I was unable to get onto the internet or us there programs, so I
> > purchased windows vista, but when i have come to install it, I put in the
> > disc and nothing happens!! do i need to install another programme before
> > installing vista home premium, I would really appreciate any answers.
> > thank
> > you

Rick Rogers

Re: HELP PLEASE
Hi kezzie,

It's less difficult than you think. Insert the XP disk and boot (or reboot)
the system. You should see a message to "press any key to boot from disk",
and hit <enter>. If you don't, then you need to alter the boot order in the
system BIOS. This will start XP setup, follow the prompts through the
license screen (where you hit F8 to agree) and it will come to a screen to
choose the installation location. Select the Ubuntu volume and delete it.
Now create a new volume from the resulting free space, then format it (using
quick format is usually fine). You can then proceed with the installation.