Problem with Defragger Interface

Alberto

Problem with Defragger Interface
Hi,

The main window of the defragger of Vista Ultimate don't open;open but soon
close.

Where is the problem?

Thanks
brink

Re: Problem with Defragger Interface

Alberto;573452 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The main window of the defragger of Vista Ultimate don't open;open but
> soon
> close.
>
> Where is the problem?
>
> Thanks

Hi Alberto,

See if running a "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) can find and fix the
problem for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...c-command.html

In the mean time, you can use the free Auslogics Disk Defrag. It works
alot better in my opinion.

'Auslogics - Download Auslogics Disk Defrag'
(http://www.auslogics.com/en/software...efrag/download)

Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Alberto

Re: Problem with Defragger Interface
Hi,

Tried, using your command in DOS console that answer:

To execute the command you must be an administrator and be in a console
session.

But I am administrator in "User Account" my name Alberto is Administrator, i
don't understand.

Please let me know.

Thank you

"brink" wrote:

> Alberto;573452 Wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The main window of the defragger of Vista Ultimate don't open;open but
> > soon
> > close.
> >
> > Where is the problem?
> >
> > Thanks

> Hi Alberto,
>
> See if running a "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) can find and fix the
> problem for you.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...c-command.html
>

> In the mean time, you can use the free Auslogics Disk Defrag. It works
> alot better in my opinion.
>
> 'Auslogics - Download Auslogics Disk Defrag'
> (http://www.auslogics.com/en/software...efrag/download)
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> '*Vista Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

Alberto

Re: Problem with Defragger Interface
I use Vista 32 Ultimate

"Alberto" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tried, using your command in DOS console that answer:
>
> To execute the command you must be an administrator and be in a console
> session.
>
> But I am administrator in "User Account" my name Alberto is Administrator, i
> don't understand.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thank you
>
> "brink" wrote:
>

> > Alberto;573452 Wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The main window of the defragger of Vista Ultimate don't open;open but
> > > soon
> > > close.
> > >
> > > Where is the problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > Hi Alberto,
> >
> > See if running a "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) can find and fix the
> > problem for you.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...c-command.html
> >

> > In the mean time, you can use the free Auslogics Disk Defrag. It works
> > alot better in my opinion.
> >
> > 'Auslogics - Download Auslogics Disk Defrag'
> > (http://www.auslogics.com/en/software...efrag/download)
> >
> > Shawn
> >

> > --
> > brink
> >
> > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > '*Vista Forums*'
> > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Alberto

Re: Problem with Defragger Interface
Done.

The scan give me this response:

cbs.log

Tried to read the log "access denied" is the answer
Tried to se if an option to read as administrator right clicking on the file
but not exist this option.

How procede?

Thank you

"Alberto" wrote:

> I use Vista 32 Ultimate
>
> "Alberto" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Tried, using your command in DOS console that answer:
> >
> > To execute the command you must be an administrator and be in a console
> > session.
> >
> > But I am administrator in "User Account" my name Alberto is Administrator, i
> > don't understand.
> >
> > Please let me know.
> >
> > Thank you

> > > Hi Alberto,
> > >
> > > See if running a "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) can find and fix the
> > > problem for you.
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...c-command.html
> > >

> > > In the mean time, you can use the free Auslogics Disk Defrag. It works
> > > alot better in my opinion.
> > >
> > > 'Auslogics - Download Auslogics Disk Defrag'
> > > (http://www.auslogics.com/en/software...efrag/download)
> > >
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Alberto

Re: Problem with Defragger Interface
I can't read the file cbs.log the defragmenter utility interface of Vista
don't open what happen?

I use Ultimate Defrag program and Perfect Disk program to defrag; I want to
disable the auto defrag of Vista.The above programs are in stand by and do
not auto defrag only Vista autodefrag.

Is possible stop the autodefrag entering a command line in the Dos prompt
console?

Thanks

"Alberto" wrote:

> Done.
>
> The scan give me this response:
>
> cbs.log
>
> Tried to read the log "access denied" is the answer
> Tried to se if an option to read as administrator right clicking on the file
> but not exist this option.
>
> How procede?
>
> Thank you
>
> "Alberto" wrote:
>
> > I use Vista 32 Ultimate
> >
> > "Alberto" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Tried, using your command in DOS console that answer:
> > >
> > > To execute the command you must be an administrator and be in a console
> > > session.
> > >
> > > But I am administrator in "User Account" my name Alberto is Administrator, i
> > > don't understand.
> > >
> > > Please let me know.
> > >
> > > Thank you

xiowan

RE: Problem with Defragger Interface
Hello "Alberto":
Is it possible that your Perfect Disk software program automatically
disables the Vista Defragmenter program by default when it is installed? It
seems logical that if you use an add on disk defragmenting program that the
Vista defragment program would conflict with it if it isn't disabled
automatically? You could probably contact the software supplier and find out
but it should tell you that in the installation instructions for the
software. You could also find out the hard way by temporarily uninstalling
the Perfect Disk program and then try opening Vista's Disk Defragmenter.

xiowan.........in tucson

"Alberto" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The main window of the defragger of Vista Ultimate don't open;open but soon
> close.
>
> Where is the problem?
>
> Thanks

Alberto

RE: Problem with Defragger Interface
Hi xiowan,

I've tried do disable both engines of PerfectDisk in Services of Windows
Vista but the
defragmenter interface window don't appear.
ultimate Defrag is not responsible because I've installed this program later
after the problem happen.

Thank you

"xiowan" wrote:

> Hello "Alberto":
> Is it possible that your Perfect Disk software program automatically
> disables the Vista Defragmenter program by default when it is installed? It
> seems logical that if you use an add on disk defragmenting program that the
> Vista defragment program would conflict with it if it isn't disabled
> automatically? You could probably contact the software supplier and find out
> but it should tell you that in the installation instructions for the
> software. You could also find out the hard way by temporarily uninstalling
> the Perfect Disk program and then try opening Vista's Disk Defragmenter.
>
> xiowan.........in tucson
>
> "Alberto" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The main window of the defragger of Vista Ultimate don't open;open but soon
> > close.
> >
> > Where is the problem?
> >
> > Thanks

xiowan

RE: Problem with Defragger Interface
Hello Alberto:
I don't think you understand what I mean. I doubt if you can do anything
with Vista's defragmenting program when you have another defragmenting
program installed. If there were two defragmenting programs on your pc they
would probably conflict with each other so I don't think you can do ANYTHING
with Vista's defragmenter and don't need to as long as you have a different
defragmenting program installed. You just can't get to Vista's defragmenter
with Perfect Disk installed. The only defragmenting you can do is with
Perfect disk unless you decide to uninstall it for some reason. Disabling
Perfect Disk wouldn't change the operating system default settings for your
defragmenter........it is Perfect Disk not Vista.

xiowan.........in tucson

"Alberto" wrote:

> Hi xiowan,
>
> I've tried do disable both engines of PerfectDisk in Services of Windows
> Vista but the
> defragmenter interface window don't appear.
> ultimate Defrag is not responsible because I've installed this program later
> after the problem happen.
>
> Thank you
>
> "xiowan" wrote:
>
> > Hello "Alberto":
> > Is it possible that your Perfect Disk software program automatically
> > disables the Vista Defragmenter program by default when it is installed? It
> > seems logical that if you use an add on disk defragmenting program that the
> > Vista defragment program would conflict with it if it isn't disabled
> > automatically? You could probably contact the software supplier and find out
> > but it should tell you that in the installation instructions for the
> > software. You could also find out the hard way by temporarily uninstalling
> > the Perfect Disk program and then try opening Vista's Disk Defragmenter.
> >
> > xiowan.........in tucson
> >
> > "Alberto" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The main window of the defragger of Vista Ultimate don't open;open but soon
> > > close.
> > >
> > > Where is the problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks

Alberto