> Thanks for the suggestion to update the drivers at the manufacturers'
> web site. I'll do it - but I don't know how to find out what drivers I
> have. Please tell me how. Thank you, I appreciate you help. These
> dang computers are out to get me, and they are wining.
Get drivers from:
1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
To find out what hardware is in your computer:
1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.
- Belarc Advisor
- System Information for Windows
Elephant Boy Computers
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User