pete h wrote:
> i have an internal cd player in my computer also a firewire external dvd
> i have windows xp home as my current os.
> when i install xp from floppy disk it set up the drivers for my firewire
> dvd/cd player
> and can insall fom either.
> as windows vista is on dvd there is no floppy disk support from microsoft.
> can anyone help? please
This is all about the drivers. Not the operating system and not
Microsoft. Get the Vista drivers for your hardware from either the OEM
(if you have that sort of machine - Dell, HP, etc.) or from the
individual hardware mftrs.' websites. If your hardware doesn't support
Vista, you can't install it. End of story. Again, this has nothing to do
with Microsoft and everything to do with the hardware. See general
drivers information below:
Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:
1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
To find out what hardware is in your computer:
1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.
- Belarc Advisor
- System Information for Windows
Elephant Boy Computers
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User