Re: Two disappointing aspects of Vista – or am I wrong?

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"none" <""frankjg\"@(none)"> wrote in message...

> Not Windows fault.

Bullcrap. 5 years to create this monster that demands a brand new PC
is unacceptable. That's plenty of time for the OEM device manufacturers
to get the source code and come on board.

The truth is, VISTA is all about selling more hardware and recording the
end user's activities.

Yes... it's dissappointing to hundreds of thousands... that of which a good
20% have complained in this very forum over the past year.

Neerav

Re: Two disappointing aspects of Vista ?" or am I wrong?
any software upgrade usually requires more from the hardware than it used
and here we are talking of a whole operating system. if u were to look at
MAC (my favorite) even there the latest versions would be taking its toll on
the old hardware and would thus require better and faster ones.

Neerav

"David Morgan (MAMS)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote in message

> "none" <""frankjg\"@(none)"> wrote in message...
>
>> Not Windows fault.

> Bullcrap. 5 years to create this monster that demands a brand new PC
> is unacceptable. That's plenty of time for the OEM device manufacturers
> to get the source code and come on board.
>
> The truth is, VISTA is all about selling more hardware and recording the
> end user's activities.
>
> Yes... it's dissappointing to hundreds of thousands... that of which a
> good
> 20% have complained in this very forum over the past year.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Two disappointing aspects of Vista ?" or am I wrong?
Bullcrap. 5 years to create this monster that demands a brand new PC
is unacceptable. That's plenty of time for the OEM device manufacturers
to get the source code and come on board.

> Actually Vista was developed and tested within 2 years, since the Beta
> started in August of 2005. What people still confuse is the original
> Longhorn vision, but that was scrapped and the Server 2003 SP1 codebase
> was used instead.

The truth is, VISTA is all about selling more hardware and recording the
end user's activities.

True, Vista is all about selling more hardware, thats just the reality of
the industry, it has always been this way since the beginning. If there
weren't new versions of software or better versions of devices, we would
still be on MS-DOS and the original IBM PC. As for recording end user
activities, I am not aware of that, yes, there are features in Vista that
have long been in Windows such as the Event Viewer which keeps track of
system activities to help the end user diagnose problems the system might
encounter with software or devices.

--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"David Morgan (MAMS)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote in message

> "none" <""frankjg\"@(none)"> wrote in message...
>
>> Not Windows fault.

> Bullcrap. 5 years to create this monster that demands a brand new PC
> is unacceptable. That's plenty of time for the OEM device manufacturers
> to get the source code and come on board.
>
> The truth is, VISTA is all about selling more hardware and recording the
> end user's activities.
>
> Yes... it's dissappointing to hundreds of thousands... that of which a
> good
> 20% have complained in this very forum over the past year.

jake

Re: Two disappointing aspects of Vista ?" or am I wrong?
Vista is crap and stupid... and it will die (FORTUNATELY) before it creates
too much havoc

I have been saying this analytically even before it was released as RTM...
that's more than 15 months ago.. lol

"David Morgan (MAMS)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote in message

> "none" <""frankjg\"@(none)"> wrote in message...
>
>> Not Windows fault.

> Bullcrap. 5 years to create this monster that demands a brand new PC
> is unacceptable. That's plenty of time for the OEM device manufacturers
> to get the source code and come on board.
>
> The truth is, VISTA is all about selling more hardware and recording the
> end user's activities.
>
> Yes... it's dissappointing to hundreds of thousands... that of which a
> good
> 20% have complained in this very forum over the past year.

jake

Re: Two disappointing aspects of Vista ?" or am I wrong?
>Actually Vista was developed and tested within 2 years, since the Beta
>started in August of 2005. What people still confuse is the original
>Longhorn vision, but that was scrapped and the Server 2003 SP1 codebase was
>used instead.

Yes we know this little story as I have told it myself before.. but I
understand what it means, while you seem to not!

You know that this is a bunch of crap you are saying right? When I was
saying that
vista is NOT what Longhorn promised to be, all the vista nerdy boys and MVPs
say Nooooo
there was not much left out from the longhorn development and everything is
basically there!

So what is it then? Either they scrapped longhorn, or they continued using
stuff from long horn! lol I say they continued using stuff from longhorn..
so its not 2 years is it ???

So what the heck are you talking about! HAS VISTA MADE YOUR BRAIN INTO
JELLY?????

Vista DID need 5 years to make, and we don't care what happened in MS
internally to make this
piece of CRAP they call VISTA! People don't care and should not care what
problems a company has internally
and how disorganized it is.. because that's whats MS's problem you know..
they lack organization and the humbleness
to actually LISTEN to feedback and not JUST COLLECT IT!

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bullcrap. 5 years to create this monster that demands a brand new PC
> is unacceptable. That's plenty of time for the OEM device manufacturers
> to get the source code and come on board.
>
>> Actually Vista was developed and tested within 2 years, since the Beta
>> started in August of 2005. What people still confuse is the original
>> Longhorn vision, but that was scrapped and the Server 2003 SP1 codebase
>> was used instead.

> The truth is, VISTA is all about selling more hardware and recording the
> end user's activities.
>
> True, Vista is all about selling more hardware, thats just the reality of
> the industry, it has always been this way since the beginning. If there
> weren't new versions of software or better versions of devices, we would
> still be on MS-DOS and the original IBM PC. As for recording end user
> activities, I am not aware of that, yes, there are features in Vista that
> have long been in Windows such as the Event Viewer which keeps track of
> system activities to help the end user diagnose problems the system might
> encounter with software or devices.
>
> Yes... it's dissappointing to hundreds of thousands... that of which a
> good
> 20% have complained in this very forum over the past year.
>
>> You can't please everyone, if you go back to this point in time on the
>> market for past releases of Windows, whether it was 95, 98, NT 4, 2000,
>> ME, XP.

> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "David Morgan (MAMS)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote in message
>>
>> "none" <""frankjg\"@(none)"> wrote in message...
>>
>>> Not Windows fault.

>> Bullcrap. 5 years to create this monster that demands a brand new PC
>> is unacceptable. That's plenty of time for the OEM device manufacturers
>> to get the source code and come on board.
>>
>> The truth is, VISTA is all about selling more hardware and recording the
>> end user's activities.
>>
>> Yes... it's dissappointing to hundreds of thousands... that of which a
>> good
>> 20% have complained in this very forum over the past year.

Frank

Re: Two disappointing aspects of Vista ?" or am I wrong?
jake wrote:

....his usual insane, incoherent drivel about something (Vista) that he
really knows nothing at all about.
You're one sick POS psycho lunatic capin' crunch.
You need help...badly!
Idiot.
Frank
Frank

Re: Two disappointing aspects of Vista ?" or am I wrong?
jake wrote:

....some really wacko bullsh*t!
Are you skipping your meds capin' crunch as you're unusually delusional
tonight?
Frank
Mr. Arnold

Re: Two disappointing aspects of Vista ?" or am I wrong?

"jake" <jake@cambell.com> wrote in message

<snipped>

This seems to be a personal issue here.

Telstar

"Frank" <fb@spamm.nrz> wrote in message
> jake wrote:
>

> ...his usual insane, incoherent drivel about something (Vista) that he
> really knows nothing at all about.
> You're one sick POS psycho lunatic capin' crunch.
> You need help...badly!
> Idiot.
> Frank

He is correct on this one. Microsoft is a Hydra company with no control
over its various complex components. Many, many US companies in massive
technology, including semiconductors etc. are have the very same problems.
What I do NOT understand is how Intel and continually and rather
successfully upgrade its hugely complex CPU and Chipsets...and Microsoft
stumbles along.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Neerav" <k.neerav@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:B7CD4722-8A04-47C6-B53C-21BCEFC34BF2@microsoft.com...
> any software upgrade usually requires more from the hardware than it used
> and here we are talking of a whole operating system. if u were to look at
> MAC (my favorite) even there the latest versions would be taking its toll on
> the old hardware and would thus require better and faster ones.
>
> Neerav

Apple/MacIntosh has suffered from this very anomaly and is the reason so many
people have stayed with or converted to PC. A prime example is the Apple and
Digidesign relationship... continually forcing users to upgrade hardware with
every OS change, and to upgrade software with every hardware change.

It is not acceptable to *force* obsolesence.

DM