Can't Change Taskbar Appearance - Please Help

Dar

Can't Change Taskbar Appearance - Please Help
I have want I think is a strange problem. I bought a PC with Vista that was
a floor model so Vista was already set up for a demo. Probably with
customers playing around the taskbar displays on the desktop like the
traditional Windows taskbar (gray block).

I used the main account which was set up as an administrator as my own and
set up a new user account for my husband, also with administrator
capabilities. I noticed that his taskbar has the "Vista look" meaning the
start button is round with the windows logo, the taskbar itself is a
translucent black, etc.

When I click on my taskbar properties under my log on it shows that the
taskbar appearance is the 'Vista look' but the gray colored bar with the
squared start button is what is being displayed.

I tried some things under properties but I can't get the taskbar to display
differently.

Anyone have any idea how to make the change?

Thanks in Advance
Mick Murphy

RE: Can't Change Taskbar Appearance - Please Help
Right-click on the empty Desktop>Personalise
Where you have the different colors, click on black, or whatever you like.