vista 32 bit freezes during installation

maxvista

vista 32 bit freezes during installation
My vista Ultimate 32 bit freezes towards finalizing installation.
I read on various forums and did what I could:
- dropped from 8GB RAM to 2GB (still froze)
- I installed on an EIDE HDD clean unpartitioned (still froze)

I got a brand new system that I assembled, I have already Vista Ultimate 64
Bit and XP media center running perfect. I wanted to add vista 32 bit as I am
unable to run all softwares and games I wanted.

My System

- EVGA 680I Motherboard
- Intel Quad 6600 2.4 GHZ
- EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB
- G-Skill 2GB x4 = 8GB
- 3 HDD 500GB SATA 2 partitions, 400GB SATA no partitions, 250 GB EIDE
- Hauppage 1800 Tv Tuner

Appreciate all the help
John Barnes

Re: vista 32 bit freezes during installation
You aren't licensed to have both versions installed at the same time. You
will run into activation problems even if you do get it installed.

"maxvista" <maxvista@verizon.net> wrote in message
> My vista Ultimate 32 bit freezes towards finalizing installation.
> I read on various forums and did what I could:
> - dropped from 8GB RAM to 2GB (still froze)
> - I installed on an EIDE HDD clean unpartitioned (still froze)
>
> I got a brand new system that I assembled, I have already Vista Ultimate
> 64
> Bit and XP media center running perfect. I wanted to add vista 32 bit as I
> am
> unable to run all softwares and games I wanted.
>
> My System
>
> - EVGA 680I Motherboard
> - Intel Quad 6600 2.4 GHZ
> - EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB
> - G-Skill 2GB x4 = 8GB
> - 3 HDD 500GB SATA 2 partitions, 400GB SATA no partitions, 250 GB EIDE
> - Hauppage 1800 Tv Tuner
>
> Appreciate all the help

maxvista

Re: vista 32 bit freezes during installation
I did not even know!? Did not read this anywhere yet.
Both my copies of vista 32 & 64 are authentic OEM with CAD and all.
I hope vista 64 will have more drivers and less compatibility issues as I
love the platform look and appearance. This way won't need to switch starting
up different OS.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> You aren't licensed to have both versions installed at the same time. You
> will run into activation problems even if you do get it installed.
>
> "maxvista" <maxvista@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > My vista Ultimate 32 bit freezes towards finalizing installation.
> > I read on various forums and did what I could:
> > - dropped from 8GB RAM to 2GB (still froze)
> > - I installed on an EIDE HDD clean unpartitioned (still froze)
> >
> > I got a brand new system that I assembled, I have already Vista Ultimate
> > 64
> > Bit and XP media center running perfect. I wanted to add vista 32 bit as I
> > am
> > unable to run all softwares and games I wanted.
> >
> > My System
> >
> > - EVGA 680I Motherboard
> > - Intel Quad 6600 2.4 GHZ
> > - EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB
> > - G-Skill 2GB x4 = 8GB
> > - 3 HDD 500GB SATA 2 partitions, 400GB SATA no partitions, 250 GB EIDE
> > - Hauppage 1800 Tv Tuner
> >
> > Appreciate all the help

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: vista 32 bit freezes during installation

"maxvista" <maxvista@verizon.net> wrote in message...

> I love the platform look and appearance.

I divorced the last thing that looked good on the surface, too...

Kevin Weaver

"David Morgan (MAMS)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote in message

> "maxvista" <maxvista@verizon.net> wrote in message...
>
>> I love the platform look and appearance.

> I divorced the last thing that looked good on the surface, too...

Same here.

; )

John Barnes

Re: vista 32 bit freezes during installation
If you have 2 purchased OEM versions you are fine. I mistakenly assumed you
had the retail Ultimate which comes with both disks, only one of which is
licensed to be installed at one time.