Fonts unavailable after upgrade

redshift=0

Fonts unavailable after upgrade
I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate from XP, and I'm finding some OTF fonts
are unavailable in Word 2007 as well as Adobe Illustrator. The specific one
that concerns me is the Mathematical Pi family of fonts. There are six of
these (Math Pi #1 through #6), but I can only access #1 from either program.
All six appear in my fonts folder. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of
them. Stopped and restarted the programs, but still only see #1.

This problem never arose in XP. When I open Illustrator files made under XP
that had, e.g. Math Pi #3, I get a warning that the font isn't available on
my computer and will be replaced in the file. I'd think this was an
Illustrator problem, except when I go into Word, and look at the available
fonts, I also find only #1 showing up. (When running under XP in Word, I
would see Mathematical Pi as a font choice and then I could select 1 through
6.)

This is turning into a real problem and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Speedster is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Same problem
I'm having a very similar problem with Trade Gothic Lt Std family of fonts on a newly purchased Fujitso Siemens laptop (with pre-installed Vista). The weird thing is these same fonts work on our other PCs with Vista - it's just the laptop that is giving this problem - the fonts are in the Fonts folder, but not available in any programs.

Help would be much appreciated
redshift=0

Re: Fonts unavailable after upgrade
Hi Speedster, I finally figured out something on my own that worked for me.
My fonts came from my publisher originally in a Mac SIT file. Apparently the
old version of the conversion program I used didn't carry over all the info
about the font, but XP was forgiving about that. I downloaded a current
version of conversion program and converted them again and Vista was happy.