Re-Installing Vista with Recovery CD

Nadi

Re-Installing Vista with Recovery CD
Hello There.

I have recently purchased Packard Bell computer with which Windows Vista
Home premium was given. Since i got problem with my computer, I want to
recover my Vista installation with recovery CD. But i don't know how should i
do it as i made a stupid mistake and installed Windows XP thinking that it
will solved the problem by letting me to run the recovery CD to get Vistan
Intallation, but now nothing is appearing to solve this problem as the boot
options does not appear. I have even test to change the boot setup from the
BIOS to let my computer run from DVD drive, but still the recovery utility is
not running. How can i run the boot options (utility) or re-install windows
vista from recovery DVD on my pc ? Please help me as it'll be a great help.

Regards

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Re-Installing Vista with Recovery CD
Contact Packard Bell support for assistance:
http://www.packardbell.com/support.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Nadi" <Nadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0916D28C-FA35-49EF-AE7D-03756C86FAAF@microsoft.com...
Hello There.

I have recently purchased Packard Bell computer with which Windows Vista
Home premium was given. Since i got problem with my computer, I want to
recover my Vista installation with recovery CD. But i don't know how should i
do it as i made a stupid mistake and installed Windows XP thinking that it
will solved the problem by letting me to run the recovery CD to get Vistan
Intallation, but now nothing is appearing to solve this problem as the boot
options does not appear. I have even test to change the boot setup from the
BIOS to let my computer run from DVD drive, but still the recovery utility is
not running. How can i run the boot options (utility) or re-install windows
vista from recovery DVD on my pc ? Please help me as it'll be a great help.

Regards

John Barnett MVP

Re: Re-Installing Vista with Recovery CD
If the initial boot option menu doesn't appear you have obviously deleted
the partition containing the backup operating system. I assume you made a
backup DVD as per Packard Bells instructions? I have to admi that i haven't
tried re-installing from the DVD other than experimenting by putting the
Recovery DVD (which I created) into the DVD and starting the maching (in
this case a PB laptop). If i recall correctly the DVD booted using Windows
98 boot options and then a menu appeared for me to select what i needed to
do - however, it has been a few months since i experimented with it. My
laptop has got to have the intial Windows XP e-installed, so i'll have to
check the DVD again and see what happens.

If you haven't made the recovery DVD or can't get it to work then, as Carey
suggests, your best bet is to Contact Packard Bell Support. The only thing i
have against Packard Bell is that you can't email tech support, which seems
stupid.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User