Can't install Office upgrade

jimtheraftguide

Can't install Office upgrade
I am running vista home, and have Office 2000. I want to upgrade to a newer
version on Office, but Vista will not allow me to upgrade, uninstall, or
delete the current version of office. I keep getting a error that says
something to the effect of I am not the administrator, even though I am
signed on as the administrator.

Any ideas????

--
Mahalo nui loa
Rick Rogers

Re: Can't install Office upgrade
Hi,

Open Windows Explorer to the CD. Locate the setup.exe file, right click on
it and select 'run as administrator' from the context menu. Even though you
run as administrator, you often still need to intentionally invoke elevated
privileges with older software not written for use in Vista.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jimtheraftguide" <jimtheraftguide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:86E78C1F-12DD-4969-8AC7-7C8179271554@microsoft.com...
>I am running vista home, and have Office 2000. I want to upgrade to a newer
> version on Office, but Vista will not allow me to upgrade, uninstall, or
> delete the current version of office. I keep getting a error that says
> something to the effect of I am not the administrator, even though I am
> signed on as the administrator.
>
> Any ideas????
>

> --
> Mahalo nui loa

jimtheraftguide

Re: Can't install Office upgrade
Rick,

Thank you,Thank you. You really made that simple. I already installed, and
I'm up and running.

Mahalo nui loa
Jim