Movie Maker Importing Audio

SueAllen

Movie Maker Importing Audio
Help I am trying to import an audio (CD) to my movie; when I go to import my
music I get the following message:

The file C:\Users\Music\Playlists\Untitled Playlist.wpl cannot be imported
because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your
computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close
and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.

John Inzer

Re: Movie Maker Importing Audio
SueAllen wrote:
> Help I am trying to import an audio (CD) to my movie; when I go to
> import my music I get the following message:
>
> The file C:\Users\Music\Playlists\Untitled Playlist.wpl cannot be
> imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed
> on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install
> the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to
> import the file again.

=======================================
Your playlist is just a pointer to the actual
location of the music files.

Maybe the following article will shed some light:

Windows Media Player multimedia file formats
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992

You need to find and import the actual music
files...they would probably be in a format like...
..wma, .mp3, .wav....

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

SueAllen

Re: Movie Maker Importing Audio
I can locate the music but when I hit import is when I get the error message

SueAllen wrote:
> I can locate the music but when I hit import is
> when I get the error message

Did you actually find the music files? The reason
I ask is because the error points to the .wpl playlist.

Try looking in your Music Folder.

Windows Vista -
Working with the Music folder
http://tinyurl.com/39fm2q

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...ce3041033.mspx

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Kelly

RE: Movie Maker Importing Audio
Sue and John- this EXACT same thing is happening to me too!!
I am trying to import a song from my i tunes folder- I drill down to the
song I want- press Import and I get this error message- it would be nice if
they could just tell us which codec we need to download so we can move on.
Instead I ended up downloading some screensaving codec that I dont even need!
HAHAHAHAH
Here's my error message:

The file C:\Users\Mark and Kelly\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\White Zombie\La
exorcisto - D Music Vol. 1\04 Black Sunshine.m4p cannot be imported because