Repairs to Vista

nalanirak

Repairs to Vista
I am running Vista Home Premium (64bit) (OEM) and have a few problems which
would be solved by re-installing the OS. But having read some of these
answers it would seem that I cannot do a repair with the OEM DVD, how then
can I get the required software to carry out this operation?
Does anyone have any Ideas?
Help would be appreciated.
philo

Re: Repairs to Vista

"nalanirak" <nalanirak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running Vista Home Premium (64bit) (OEM) and have a few problems

which
> would be solved by re-installing the OS. But having read some of these
> answers it would seem that I cannot do a repair with the OEM DVD, how then
> can I get the required software to carry out this operation?
> Does anyone have any Ideas?
> Help would be appreciated.

how about a system restore?

nalanirak

Re: Repairs to Vista
Thank you for your input, but I have tried system restore and it has not
solved the problem , that is why I would like to do a OS repair.

> Thank you for your input, but I have tried system restore and it has not
> solved the problem , that is why I would like to do a OS repair.
>
> "philo" wrote:
>

> > "nalanirak" <nalanirak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am running Vista Home Premium (64bit) (OEM) and have a few problems

> > which
> > > would be solved by re-installing the OS. But having read some of these
> > > answers it would seem that I cannot do a repair with the OEM DVD, how

then
> > > can I get the required software to carry out this operation?
> > > Does anyone have any Ideas?
> > > Help would be appreciated.

> > how about a system restore?

Vista does not have a repair install option like XP had...
you might be able to perform and "upgrade" and install Vista back over
itself...

but I've never tried that.

I'd definately back up your data if you have not done so already...

If your present OS is hosed to the point that it will not even boot-up...
pull the drive and slave it to another system so that you can do your backup

brink

Re: Repairs to Vista

nalanirak;539115 Wrote:
> Thank you for your input, but I have tried system restore and it has not
> solved the problem , that is why I would like to do a OS repair.

Hi Nalanirak,

If you have a Express OEM version DVD, then you can do a Repair
install. This tutorial will show you how.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Notelerach

Re: Repairs to Vista

--
P. J. Charlton Or Sir to you
When booting up pressing F8 will give you a list of repair tool (not alot