Remote Desktop Access

Otis

Remote Desktop Access
I access my office server that has windows 2000 on it from my desktop at home
that has xp Pro using remote desktop. My notebook with Vista home premium
will not access the server using remote desktop. I get a message that tell me
to disable DEP but when I try to do his I get a message saying DEP cannot be
dissabled for this program. I can access any other computer that has XP Pro
from my Vista Laptop but not 2000. Please any help would be appreciated.
Noel

RE: Remote Desktop Access
Home Premium does not have remote desktop. You have to have bussiness Vista
or Ultimate.

"Otis" wrote:

> I access my office server that has windows 2000 on it from my desktop at home
> that has xp Pro using remote desktop. My notebook with Vista home premium
> will not access the server using remote desktop. I get a message that tell me
> to disable DEP but when I try to do his I get a message saying DEP cannot be
> dissabled for this program. I can access any other computer that has XP Pro
> from my Vista Laptop but not 2000. Please any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Re: Remote Desktop Access
Vista Home Premium has the remote desktop client.... so you should be able
to connect from VHP to a server.

"Noel" <Noel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Home Premium does not have remote desktop. You have to have bussiness
> Vista
> or Ultimate.
>
> "Otis" wrote:
>
>> I access my office server that has windows 2000 on it from my desktop at
>> home
>> that has xp Pro using remote desktop. My notebook with Vista home
>> premium
>> will not access the server using remote desktop. I get a message that
>> tell me
>> to disable DEP but when I try to do his I get a message saying DEP cannot
>> be
>> dissabled for this program. I can access any other computer that has XP
>> Pro
>> from my Vista Laptop but not 2000. Please any help would be appreciated.

Kerry Brown

Re: Remote Desktop Access
When the error happens Vista writes to the event logs. Open Event Viewer.
Find the error and post the details back here.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User