I use aol with a router. Because Vista will not allow usb modems I had
to install the router. Setting up the router for AOL is very easy.
Follow your directions for installing a router (WIRED not wireless).
When you come to enter the variables such as password then follow these
'How to set up a home network from AOL Broadband | AOL Broadband Home
Networking frequently asked questions'
Do not install the AOL software as said in the above post. This wil
slow down your computer. If you need to read your email then log into
the aol server or use a mail program to do it for you.
If you need step by step instructions PM me with your router model and
I will tell you how to do it.
- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Abit IP35 Pro
- 4 x 1GB OcUK PC2-6400 C5 800 MHZ Duel Channel
- Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3
- CiBox TFT 22" Widescreen LCD Panel. 1680 x 1050
- Creative X-Fi 7.1 PCI-E
- Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
- Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Complient PSU