how to uninstall a program that is not list under the program list

digger

how to uninstall a program that is not list under the program list
How can I unstall a program like

AOL or Netzero statup kits for my pc that is not listed under the programs
installed list.

help

Rick Rogers

Re: how to uninstall a program that is not list under the program list
Hi,

Check the program folder for an uninstall file (often something like
unwise.exe).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"digger" <digger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I unstall a program like
>
> AOL or Netzero statup kits for my pc that is not listed under the programs
> installed list.
>
> help

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: how to uninstall a program that is not list under the program list

"digger" <digger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B4FF133-2BAE-400B-9E32-DC907101DAAC@microsoft.com...
> How can I unstall a program like
>
> AOL or Netzero statup kits for my pc that is not listed under the programs
> installed list.
>
> help

Never use the CD software that comes from an ISP.... ask for
instructions for setting up your specific OS for connectivity.
AOL should be avoided like the plague.

Rick Rogers

Re: how to uninstall a program that is not list under the program list
AOL *is* the plague.

--

"David Morgan (MAMS)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote in message

> "digger" <digger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How can I unstall a program like
>>
>> AOL or Netzero statup kits for my pc that is not listed under the
>> programs
>> installed list.
>>
>> help

> Never use the CD software that comes from an ISP.... ask for
> instructions for setting up your specific OS for connectivity.
> AOL should be avoided like the plague.

roy69

Re: how to uninstall a program that is not list under the program list

I use aol with a router. Because Vista will not allow usb modems I had
to install the router. Setting up the router for AOL is very easy.
Follow your directions for installing a router (WIRED not wireless).
When you come to enter the variables such as password then follow these
steps;
'How to set up a home network from AOL Broadband | AOL Broadband Home
Networking frequently asked questions'
(http://myaolbroadband.co.uk/broadban...g.adp#answer03)
Do not install the AOL software as said in the above post. This wil
slow down your computer. If you need to read your email then log into
the aol server or use a mail program to do it for you.

If you need step by step instructions PM me with your router model and
I will tell you how to do it.

--
roy69

- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Abit IP35 Pro
- 4 x 1GB OcUK PC2-6400 C5 800 MHZ Duel Channel
- Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3
- CiBox TFT 22" Widescreen LCD Panel. 1680 x 1050
- Creative X-Fi 7.1 PCI-E
- Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
- Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Complient PSU
Marshaka7777

RE: how to uninstall a program that is not list under the program list
AOL 9.0 Removal - Windows Vista

The installation from the recovery partition does not actually install AOL.
To remove the AOL installation that is added from the Gateway/eMachines
Recovery Center, delete the AOL Free Trial shortcut on the desktop, delete
the America Online 9.0 entry on the Start menu, and delete the C:\Program
Files\AOL 9.0 folder on the hard drive.

To delete, right click the object. I pulled up folders, brought up all of
the AOL folders and right click deleted all of them.