Vista Expiring.

Jim

Vista Expiring.
I have installed a copy of Vista Ultimate that I purchased and it says it is
already in use and when I try to register it it says my product code has
expired? Any clues?
--
Jim
philo

Re: Vista Expiring.

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed a copy of Vista Ultimate that I purchased and it says it

is
> already in use and when I try to register it it says my product code has
> expired? Any clues?

You will need to call Microsoft to get it sorted out

John Barnett MVP

Re: Vista Expiring.
Check this link from my website:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/product...ady_in_use.htm

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed a copy of Vista Ultimate that I purchased and it says it
> is
> already in use and when I try to register it it says my product code has
> expired? Any clues?
> --
> Jim

AJR

Re: Vista Expiring.
Regarding "...I have installed a copy of Vista Ultimate that I purchased
...." - legitimate purchase?

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed a copy of Vista Ultimate that I purchased and it says it
> is
> already in use and when I try to register it it says my product code has
> expired? Any clues?
> --
> Jim

Jim

Re: Vista Expiring.
Yes, it is legitimate, I bought it new from Tiger Direct. Thanks for assuming
me a thief.
--
Jim

"AJR" wrote:

> Regarding "...I have installed a copy of Vista Ultimate that I purchased
> ...." - legitimate purchase?
>

> "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have installed a copy of Vista Ultimate that I purchased and it says it
> > is
> > already in use and when I try to register it it says my product code has
> > expired? Any clues?
> > --
> > Jim

Curious

Re: Vista Expiring.
What does Microsoft way when you call them using phone activation ?

http://www.windows-vista-update.com/...ctivation.html

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news68B142F-9304-43EF-B93E-4292918BA88E@microsoft.com...
> Yes, it is legitimate, I bought it new from Tiger Direct. Thanks for
> assuming
> me a thief.
> --
> Jim
>

> "AJR" wrote:
>
>> Regarding "...I have installed a copy of Vista Ultimate that I purchased
>> ...." - legitimate purchase?
>>

>> "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have installed a copy of Vista Ultimate that I purchased and it says
>> > it
>> > is
>> > already in use and when I try to register it it says my product code
>> > has
>> > expired? Any clues?
>> > --
>> > Jim

admin@REMOVEvistatoolbox.com

Re: Vista Expiring.

Is it a OEM or a Retail version ?

I have heard with Vista they rules are meant to be tighter.

VTB BoXy

--
VTB BoXy

Vista Home Premium 32bit;2x 74GB Raptors;AMD FX-62;4x1gb Geil DDR2
800;ASUS M2N32 WS Pro;2x 8800GTS SLI;Thermaltake Armor Case
VTB BoXy's Profile: http://www.vistatoolbox.com2
View this thread: http://www.vistatoolbox.com/showthread.php?t=23248