Still unable to upgrade from Vista Home Edition to Vista Ultimate.

rebell

Still unable to upgrade from Vista Home Edition to Vista Ultimate.
Have made five attemtpts to do so since last Sunday. Have a new HP Slimline
3120s computer. As recommended on this forum, I have unplugged all USB
devices, turnoff all spyware blocking & anti-spam devices, etc, etc. At the
end of each attempt I get one of the two following messages:

"The upgrade was not successful. Your previous version of windows is being
restored. Do not restart your computer during this time"

or

"Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install
windows, restart computer and then restart the installation" - I have four
times!

Could someone please offer either a suggestion on how to upgrade to Vista
Ultimate or at least give me a toll-free number to resolve this issue.

ReBell
Dwarf

RE: Still unable to upgrade from Vista Home Edition to Vista Ultimate.
Hi rebell,

If you follow the instructions in my post 'Clean Install Windows Vista Using
Upgrade Media', also in this newsgroup (dated 9/21/2007), you should be able
solve your problem.
Dwarf

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-5eb74dcf2be7

"rebell" wrote:

> Have made five attemtpts to do so since last Sunday. Have a new HP Slimline
> 3120s computer. As recommended on this forum, I have unplugged all USB
> devices, turnoff all spyware blocking & anti-spam devices, etc, etc. At the
> end of each attempt I get one of the two following messages:
>
> "The upgrade was not successful. Your previous version of windows is being
> restored. Do not restart your computer during this time"
>
> or
>
> "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install
> windows, restart computer and then restart the installation" - I have four
> times!
>
> Could someone please offer either a suggestion on how to upgrade to Vista
> Ultimate or at least give me a toll-free number to resolve this issue.
>
> ReBell

rebell

RE: Still unable to upgrade from Vista Home Edition to Vista Ultim
Thank you! I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out!

ReBell in Ms