Windows Easy Transfer is not so easy

Dane

Windows Easy Transfer is not so easy
About two weeks ago I decided that I needed to redo my laptop that was
running Vista Ultimate. So I used WET to backup all my data to an external
hard drive and that went without a hitch. I can see the file and everything
was good and got no errors. I proceeded with the format and reinstall of
Vista Ultimate and everything went good there. Everytime I try to restore my
data with WET it tells me to select a valid file and try again. I have even
moved the file to my hard drive to see if it was a permissions issues and
still get the same error. I have taken ownership of the file and directory. I
have searched and searched and can not find a solution. Can anyone please
help.
Vik

RE: Windows Easy Transfer is not so easy
Hello Dane,

Unfortunately, it sounds like the migration store (*.mig) you saved to your
external drive may have gotten corrupted. In instances such as this you will
get that error message. For future reference, it's always good practice to
use wet to start the apply by pointing it to a store and it you are able to
proceed through the wizard you know that the store is good. Sorry, can be of
more help.

regards,
-Vik