Re-Install Vista

NeilDexter

Re-Install Vista
I want to reinstall Vista due to a lot of problems with software after
upgrading. So I have formatted my machine and put in the Vista Upgrade CD.

I get an error saying to run setup from Windows (I assume this is becasue it
is an upgrade). So I re-installed XP to find that if I want to change
partitions (which I do, becuase I want a clean install, no XP at all on the
system) I have to start setup from CD before XP boots.

As you can see, I am now stuck in this loop I can't get out of. Any
suggestions?

Thanks
Dwarf

RE: Re-Install Vista
Hi Neil,

You do not need to reinstall XP in order to reinstall the upgrade version of
Vista. Instead, you need to install Vista twice. If you follow the
instructions in my post 'Clean Install Windows Vista Using Upgrade Media' in
the newsgroup 'Windows Vista Installation and setup' (dated 9/21/2007), you
should be able solve your problem.
Dwarf

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-5eb74dcf2be7

"NeilDexter" wrote:

> I want to reinstall Vista due to a lot of problems with software after
> upgrading. So I have formatted my machine and put in the Vista Upgrade CD.
>
> I get an error saying to run setup from Windows (I assume this is becasue it
> is an upgrade). So I re-installed XP to find that if I want to change
> partitions (which I do, becuase I want a clean install, no XP at all on the
> system) I have to start setup from CD before XP boots.
>
> As you can see, I am now stuck in this loop I can't get out of. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks

brink

Re: Re-Install Vista

NeilDexter;535550 Wrote:
> I want to reinstall Vista due to a lot of problems with software after
> upgrading. So I have formatted my machine and put in the Vista Upgrade
> CD.
>
> I get an error saying to run setup from Windows (I assume this is
> becasue it
> is an upgrade). So I re-installed XP to find that if I want to change
> partitions (which I do, becuase I want a clean install, no XP at all on
> the
> system) I have to start setup from CD before XP boots.
>
> As you can see, I am now stuck in this loop I can't get out of. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks

Hi NeilDexter,

This tutorial will show you how to do a clean install with a Upgrade
version of Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...l-upgrade.html

Shawn

--