Upgrade to Vista Ultimate unsuccessfull......

rebell

Upgrade to Vista Ultimate unsuccessfull......
I have a brand new HP computer with a duocore processor & over 3k of RAM.
The system came with Vista Home Edition pre-installed. I have attempted to
upgrade 3 time unsuccessfully. I only get 'bump out' and a recurring
statement at the bottom of the screen reads "installation of Vista Ultyimate
unsuccessfull, you will be returned to your previous version momentarily".
No further explanation is given. I have ran Microsoft's on line upgrade
advisor and it actually recommends the Ultimate Version. BTW, the upgrade
itself is brand new - purchased last week at Staples an just opened. Any
help would be appreciated!

ReBell
John Barnett MVP

Re: Upgrade to Vista Ultimate unsuccessfull......
I'm not saying this will work in your case, but it is generally accepted
that when installing/upgrading an operating system you remove all USB
peripherals. So remove your printer, modem, and anything else connected to
the PC prior to running the upgrade and see if that helps. Installation has
usually proceeded well after the USB peripherals have been removed.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a brand new HP computer with a duocore processor & over 3k of RAM.
> The system came with Vista Home Edition pre-installed. I have attempted
> upgrade 3 time unsuccessfully. I only get 'bump out' and a recurring
> statement at the bottom of the screen reads "installation of Vista
> Ultyimate
> unsuccessfull, you will be returned to your previous version momentarily".
> No further explanation is given. I have ran Microsoft's on line upgrade
> advisor and it actually recommends the Ultimate Version. BTW, the upgrade
> itself is brand new - purchased last week at Staples an just opened. Any
> help would be appreciated!
>
> ReBell

rebell

Re: Upgrade to Vista Ultimate unsuccessfull......
I do have three USB devices connected. I will disconnect and give another
try. Thank you - R Bell

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> I'm not saying this will work in your case, but it is generally accepted
> that when installing/upgrading an operating system you remove all USB
> peripherals. So remove your printer, modem, and anything else connected to
> the PC prior to running the upgrade and see if that helps. Installation has
> usually proceeded well after the USB peripherals have been removed.

> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>
> "rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a brand new HP computer with a duocore processor & over 3k of RAM.
> > The system came with Vista Home Edition pre-installed. I have attempted
> > upgrade 3 time unsuccessfully. I only get 'bump out' and a recurring
> > statement at the bottom of the screen reads "installation of Vista
> > Ultyimate
> > unsuccessfull, you will be returned to your previous version momentarily".
> > No further explanation is given. I have ran Microsoft's on line upgrade
> > advisor and it actually recommends the Ultimate Version. BTW, the upgrade
> > itself is brand new - purchased last week at Staples an just opened. Any
> > help would be appreciated!
> >
> > ReBell

Mick Murphy

Re: Upgrade to Vista Ultimate unsuccessfull......
Also, uninstall(not just disable) your anti-virus, and re-install after
installation