Vista on Virtual PC 2007

Dennis

Vista on Virtual PC 2007
I am trying to register Vista Enterprise Edn and I get an Error: The version
of Vista I have is Lisceneced under Multi liscence. I need to Log into my VPN
client and then Vista Contacts the Key management server, setup at my work
and then registers the OS.

The problem is i am trying to install it on MS Virtual PC 2007. but on a
regular PC i get no error.

The error is: 0x8007232B

I went to Microsoft and searched the error. they say to install the original
key used for installing it and that should do it. But it did not

Does anyone have a solution!!!
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista on Virtual PC 2007
Hi,

You might try installing without the key, then enable network connections in
the VPC and input the product key during manual activation. Keep in mind
that though the host machine may be net connected, the virtual one will not
be until it is enabled in the settings.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to register Vista Enterprise Edn and I get an Error: The
>version
> of Vista I have is Lisceneced under Multi liscence. I need to Log into my
> VPN
> client and then Vista Contacts the Key management server, setup at my work
> and then registers the OS.
>
> The problem is i am trying to install it on MS Virtual PC 2007. but on a
> regular PC i get no error.
>
> The error is: 0x8007232B
>
> I went to Microsoft and searched the error. they say to install the
> original
> key used for installing it and that should do it. But it did not
>
> Does anyone have a solution!!!

Dennis

Re: Vista on Virtual PC 2007
The Virtual PC has an active network connection and I connected through the
VPN to our work Network. After that I try to activate it and states a DNS
error.

Also:: It has a Product key in it. I try to reneter the kjey and it states
that the Key is invalid.!! It takes the firs 7 characters and then it errors
out

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You might try installing without the key, then enable network connections in
> the VPC and input the product key during manual activation. Keep in mind
> that though the host machine may be net connected, the virtual one will not
> be until it is enabled in the settings.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to register Vista Enterprise Edn and I get an Error: The
> >version
> > of Vista I have is Lisceneced under Multi liscence. I need to Log into my
> > VPN
> > client and then Vista Contacts the Key management server, setup at my work
> > and then registers the OS.
> >
> > The problem is i am trying to install it on MS Virtual PC 2007. but on a
> > regular PC i get no error.
> >
> > The error is: 0x8007232B
> >
> > I went to Microsoft and searched the error. they say to install the
> > original
> > key used for installing it and that should do it. But it did not
> >
> > Does anyone have a solution!!!

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista on Virtual PC 2007
Hi,

Instead of re-entering it, choose the option for a new key, then re-enter
the existing key here.

--

> The Virtual PC has an active network connection and I connected through
> the
> VPN to our work Network. After that I try to activate it and states a DNS
> error.
>
> Also:: It has a Product key in it. I try to reneter the kjey and it
> states
> that the Key is invalid.!! It takes the firs 7 characters and then it
> errors
> out
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You might try installing without the key, then enable network connections
>> in
>> the VPC and input the product key during manual activation. Keep in mind
>> that though the host machine may be net connected, the virtual one will
>> not
>> be until it is enabled in the settings.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to register Vista Enterprise Edn and I get an Error: The
>> >version
>> > of Vista I have is Lisceneced under Multi liscence. I need to Log into
>> > my
>> > VPN
>> > client and then Vista Contacts the Key management server, setup at my
>> > work
>> > and then registers the OS.
>> >
>> > The problem is i am trying to install it on MS Virtual PC 2007. but on
>> > regular PC i get no error.
>> >
>> > The error is: 0x8007232B
>> >
>> > I went to Microsoft and searched the error. they say to install the
>> > original
>> > key used for installing it and that should do it. But it did not
>> >
>> > Does anyone have a solution!!!

Seth

Re: Vista on Virtual PC 2007
"Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Virtual PC has an active network connection and I connected through
> the
> VPN to our work Network. After that I try to activate it and states a DNS
> error.

So your VPC os Vista is VPN'ed to the office?

Try this...

- open CMD prompt with admin creds

- cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ipk VKK3X-68KWM-X2YGT-QR4M6-4BWMV
(this installs the general use key that is compatible with a KMS server)

- cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -skms aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd (replacing the
letters with the IP address of your KMS server. The reason for doing this
is there may be an error in either the DNS registation of your KMS server,
or your VPC client connected via VPN may not be resolving correctly)

- cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ato (this will perform the actual
activation provided all else is OK)