No login and other problems after update vista

Tony

No login and other problems after update vista
Hi,
This message has no cummunity functions because the login screen that
appears when I try to send this mesage is complely empty zo no login is
possible.
Some ten days ago Windows Vista updated itself and installed a mediacenter
update among other things. A message flashed by stating that my License
terms were changed.
After that update my mediaplayer 11 stopped working. All multimedia programs
like Adobe Production studio are disappeared from the ,,Open with'' list.
Also IE 7 has severe problems. When I go to a Microsoft website OK buttons
are greyed and downloads on other pages are disabled.
When I choose the search function -with ctrl F or otherwise- all the buttons
are greyed and on page search is impossible.
Today IE 7 stopped offering the print function and printing is completely
disabled.
I informed Microsoft inmediately though the proper (PR) channels but untill
now no answer was received. Apparently this is to embarrassing for Microsoft
to answer in public.
Kind regards,
Tony Thijs
Oriolus software

Mick Murphy

RE: No login and other problems after update vista
How was the licence changed?

"Tony" wrote:

> Hi,
> This message has no cummunity functions because the login screen that
> appears when I try to send this mesage is complely empty zo no login is
> possible.
> Some ten days ago Windows Vista updated itself and installed a mediacenter
> update among other things. A message flashed by stating that my License
> terms were changed.
> After that update my mediaplayer 11 stopped working. All multimedia programs
> like Adobe Production studio are disappeared from the ,,Open with'' list.
> Also IE 7 has severe problems. When I go to a Microsoft website OK buttons
> are greyed and downloads on other pages are disabled.
> When I choose the search function -with ctrl F or otherwise- all the buttons
> are greyed and on page search is impossible.
> Today IE 7 stopped offering the print function and printing is completely
> disabled.
> I informed Microsoft inmediately though the proper (PR) channels but untill
> now no answer was received. Apparently this is to embarrassing for Microsoft
> to answer in public.
> Kind regards,
> Tony Thijs
> Oriolus software

Tony

Re: No login and other problems after update vista
Hi Mick,
As a matter of fact, I don't know. I did my very best to find out though but
I counld not locate more information after the message flashed.
I have a MSDN subscription and used a MSDN product code on this machine.
Kind regards,
Tony Thijs

"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> How was the licence changed?
>
> "Tony" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> This message has no cummunity functions because the login screen that
>> appears when I try to send this mesage is complely empty zo no login is
>> possible.
>> Some ten days ago Windows Vista updated itself and installed a
>> mediacenter
>> update among other things. A message flashed by stating that my License
>> terms were changed.
>> After that update my mediaplayer 11 stopped working. All multimedia
>> programs
>> like Adobe Production studio are disappeared from the ,,Open with'' list.
>> Also IE 7 has severe problems. When I go to a Microsoft website OK
>> buttons
>> are greyed and downloads on other pages are disabled.
>> When I choose the search function -with ctrl F or otherwise- all the
>> buttons
>> are greyed and on page search is impossible.
>> Today IE 7 stopped offering the print function and printing is completely
>> disabled.
>> I informed Microsoft inmediately though the proper (PR) channels but
>> untill
>> now no answer was received. Apparently this is to embarrassing for
>> Microsoft
>> to answer in public.
>> Kind regards,
>> Tony Thijs
>> Oriolus software

angie49

Tony;3354728 Wrote:
> Also IE 7 has severe problems....

Hi Tony,

I have the same severe problems, probably also after Mediacenter
updated automatically. URLs pointing to javascript do not fire, and so
on... I am still reluctant to uninstall MCE, you never know what
happens then... But it sure is an embarassing situation.

--
angie49
angie49's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=36699

http://forums.techarena.in