vista oem dvd

Vernon

vista oem dvd
i have a vista home basic system, with the recovery dvd on the hard drive.
(how it is setup.)
i downloaded a dvd from the bit torrent that said the it is a oem dvd.
after getting it, i look at the label of the dvd that i download, and it is
the public beta vista that microsoft released. (LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.ISO)

now the question. would this dvd work as a backup oem dvd for my system.
would microsoft, still give updates for this beta version, when a oem key is
entered into it.

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: vista oem dvd
No..

Stick with the recovery partition, or ask the computer manufacturer to
supply a recovery DVD..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

"Vernon" <mymail200112@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>i have a vista home basic system, with the recovery dvd on the hard drive.
>(how it is setup.)
> i downloaded a dvd from the bit torrent that said the it is a oem dvd.
> after getting it, i look at the label of the dvd that i download, and it
> is the public beta vista that microsoft released. (LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.ISO)
>
> now the question. would this dvd work as a backup oem dvd for my system.
> would microsoft, still give updates for this beta version, when a oem key
> is entered into it.

David B.

Re: vista oem dvd
Your kidding right? It will expire at it's set date no matter how you
installed it or which key you used. I can't imagine why you'd want to run a
pre release OS when you have the final.

--

----

"Vernon" <mymail200112@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>i have a vista home basic system, with the recovery dvd on the hard drive.
>(how it is setup.)
> i downloaded a dvd from the bit torrent that said the it is a oem dvd.
> after getting it, i look at the label of the dvd that i download, and it
> is the public beta vista that microsoft released. (LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.ISO)
>
> now the question. would this dvd work as a backup oem dvd for my system.
> would microsoft, still give updates for this beta version, when a oem key
> is entered into it.

John Barnett MVP

Re: vista oem dvd
Absolutely not. The public beta will expire so you have wasted your download
time. To recovery your PC you use the recovery option provided with your PC.
I'd check your PC manual to see i you can create a recovery DVD; most PC
manufacturer's allow this. Failing that, buy imaging software, such s
Acronis True Image and then image the whole of the drive to a set of DVDs.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Vernon" <mymail200112@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>i have a vista home basic system, with the recovery dvd on the hard drive.
>(how it is setup.)
> i downloaded a dvd from the bit torrent that said the it is a oem dvd.
> after getting it, i look at the label of the dvd that i download, and it
> is the public beta vista that microsoft released. (LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.ISO)
>
> now the question. would this dvd work as a backup oem dvd for my system.
> would microsoft, still give updates for this beta version, when a oem key
> is entered into it.

Vernon

Re: vista oem dvd
there was no manual that came with the system.
i will get a hold of the seller about that manual. thanks.

did not know about the expiring date on that dvd, thanks for that as well.

there is also a lot of other people who are also thinking about getting that
oem dvd from the internet. when i was downloading it, there were over 200
leechers.

"John Barnett MVP" <freelance@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Absolutely not. The public beta will expire so you have wasted your
> download time. To recovery your PC you use the recovery option provided
> with your PC. I'd check your PC manual to see i you can create a recovery
> DVD; most PC manufacturer's allow this. Failing that, buy imaging
> software, such s Acronis True Image and then image the whole of the drive
> to a set of DVDs.

> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> this mail/post..
>
> "Vernon" <mymail200112@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>>i have a vista home basic system, with the recovery dvd on the hard drive.
>>(how it is setup.)
>> i downloaded a dvd from the bit torrent that said the it is a oem dvd.
>> after getting it, i look at the label of the dvd that i download, and it
>> is the public beta vista that microsoft released. (LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.ISO)
>>
>> now the question. would this dvd work as a backup oem dvd for my system.
>> would microsoft, still give updates for this beta version, when a oem key
>> is entered into it.

David B.

Re: vista oem dvd
If they aren't aware of the expiration date, they will be before long.

--

----