Reinstallation and registration

BoB Brazie

Reinstallation and registration
If I do a reinstallation of Windows Vista Home Premium do I need to register
it again?

I did a clean install by formatting and then installing Vista.

Thanks in advance. Bob.

Dave

Re: Reinstallation and registration
You don't have to re-register.... but you may have to re-activate.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"BoB Brazie" <?bbrazie@knowledge1.com> wrote in message
> If I do a reinstallation of Windows Vista Home Premium do I need to
> register it again?
>
> I did a clean install by formatting and then installing Vista.
>
> Thanks in advance. Bob.

BoB Brazie

Re: Reinstallation and registration
Does anyone know if I need to re-activate?

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> You don't have to re-register.... but you may have to re-activate.
>

> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "BoB Brazie" <?bbrazie@knowledge1.com> wrote in message
>> If I do a reinstallation of Windows Vista Home Premium do I need to
>> register it again?
>>
>> I did a clean install by formatting and then installing Vista.
>>
>> Thanks in advance. Bob.

Dave

Re: Reinstallation and registration
Upon further review...
If you re-install Vista, you will have to re-activate it.
If the online method fails, you may have to use the telephone method.

> Does anyone know if I need to re-activate?
>
> "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
>> You don't have to re-register.... but you may have to re-activate.
>>

>> --
>> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>>
>> "BoB Brazie" <?bbrazie@knowledge1.com> wrote in message
>>> If I do a reinstallation of Windows Vista Home Premium do I need to
>>> register it again?
>>>
>>> I did a clean install by formatting and then installing Vista.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance. Bob.

Bruce Chambers

BoB Brazie wrote:
> If I do a reinstallation of Windows Vista Home Premium do I need to register
> it again?
>
> I did a clean install by formatting and then installing Vista.
>
> Thanks in advance. Bob.

No, registration is always entirely optional.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Bruce Chambers

BoB Brazie wrote:
> Does anyone know if I need to re-activate?

Yes, that should be required.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
brink

BoB Brazie;532754 Wrote:
> If I do a reinstallation of Windows Vista Home Premium do I need to
> register
> it again?
>
> I did a clean install by formatting and then installing Vista.
>
> Thanks in advance. Bob.
> Does anyone know if I need to re-activate?

Hi Bob,

As Dave stated, you will need to activate Vista again anytime you
install it. This will show you how to activate Vista by the phone
activation if the normal process does not work.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...sta-phone.html

Shawn

--
brink